From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bluenose or Blue nose may refer to:
- Bluenose, a Canadian racing fishing schooner built in 1921
- Bluenose II, replica of the original fishing schooner, built in 1963
- MV Bluenose, a CN Marine ferry built in 1955 and scrapped in 2000
- Flying Bluenose, a Dominion Atlantic Railway train from 1891 to 1936
- Bluenose (postage stamp), a 1929 postage stamp issued in Canada
- Blue Nose, a type of American Pit Bull Terrier known for its blue coat
- Bluenose, one of the minor tugboat characters in TUGS
- Antarctic butterfish, bluenose sea bass, bluenose, or bluenose warehou, a fish from the Southern Ocean
- Bluenose cod, an Australian freshwater fish
- The Blue Noses Group, Russian artists group
- Bluenose, a Rangers F.C. fan
- Bluenose, a Birmingham City F.C. fan
- Bluenose, or Bluenoser, a nickname for a person from the Canadian province of Nova Scotia
- Bluenose, American slang expression for a member of the Church of Scotland, recorded since 1698 (Historical Dictionary of American Slang)
- Bluenose, American slang expression from 19th century onward for someone excessively prudish
- Blue Nose, a Line-crossing ceremony for a sailors who cross the Arctic Circle on board a vessel
- The Blue-nosed Bastards of Bodney, the nickname of the World War II 352nd Fighter Group, US Army Air Force, from the identifying markings of their aircraft.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bluenose.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.