Blythe is a name that comes from Middle English and in turn from Old English bliþe ("joyous, kind, cheerful, pleasant"), and further back, from Proto-Germanic *blithiz ("gentle, kind"). Its cognates include Old Saxon bliði ("bright, happy"), Middle Dutch blide, Dutch blijde, Old Norse bliðr ("mild, gentle"), Old High German blidi ("gay, friendly") and Gothic bleiþs ("kind, friendly, merciful"). No cognates outside the Germanic languages are known.
- Blythe, California, United States
- Blythe, Georgia, United States
- Blythe Township, Schuylkill County, Pennsylvania, United States
- Blythe Bay, Antarctica
- Blythe River, river in New Zealand
- Blythe River (Tasmania), river in Tasmania, Australia
- River Blythe, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
- Blithe (disambiguation)
- Blyth (disambiguation)
- Blyth River (Northern Territory)
- River Blyth (disambiguation)
- All pages with titles containing Blythe
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Blythe.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.