Bo Holten (born 22 October 1948) is a Danish composer and conductor.
He has been the principal conductor for the vocal ensembles Ars Nova (Copenhagen) and Musica Ficta (Denmark), as well as guest-conductor for the BBC Singers. He has been the principal conductor for the Flemish Radio Choir (Vlaams Radio Koor) in Bruxelles until 2012.
As a composer he has written more than 100 works, including 6 operas, 2 musicals, 2 symphonies, and 5 solo concertos. He has also composed several film scores, amongst them the music for Lars Von Trier's The Element of Crime.
- Sinfonia concertante for Cello & Orchestra (1987)
- Concerto for clarinet and orchestra (1990)
- Wisdom and Folly, choir (1993)
- Operation Orfeo, opera (1993)
- The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, choir (1992–95)
- Gesualdo, Opera (2003)
- The Physician-In-Ordinary's Visit (Livlægens Besøg), Opera (2008)
- Biography at Edition Wilhelm Hansen (publisher)
- Biography at Danish Music Info[permanent dead link]
- Biography at bachcantatas.com
|This article about a Danish composer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|