Bob Davies (businessman)
Robert J. Davies (born October 12, 1948) was the chief executive of Arriva PLC from 1998 to 2006.
Davies attended King Edward VII School (photo) in Sheffield before graduating with a law degree from Edinburgh University. He is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and holds an honorary doctorate (LLD) from the University of Sunderland.
||This article is in a list format that may be better presented using prose. (May 2012)|
- Joined Ford as a financial analyst in 1970 and held a range of positions in Britain, Spain and the US;
- 1985 director, Coopers & Lybrand;
- 1987 chief financial officer, Waterford Wedgwood;
- 1991 finance director, Ferranti International;
- 1994 finance director, East Midlands Electricity;
- 1997 chief executive, East Midlands Electricity;
- 1998 chief executive, Arriva (rtd Apr 2006);
- 2003–2009 Chairman of Governors, University of Sunderland
- 2004-to date Non-Executive Director Barratt Developments PLC
- 2006–2008 Chairman of Biffa plc;
- 2006–2009 Independent Non-executive Director, British Energy PLC.
- appointed HRH Ambassador for the North East in June 2006.
- 2007–2008 Chairman NE Region CBI
- 2008–2010 Non-Executive Director Northern Rock Plc
- 2010 – to date Chairman Euroports Holdings Sarl
- July 2012 – appointed Chairman of Home Group
Chairman of the Board of Governors at Sunderland University; Chairman of the CBI North East Region
He is married to Eileen and together they have one son.
|This article about a British businessperson born in the 1940s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|