November 14, 1978 |
Weymouth, MA, USA
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||203 lb (92 kg; 14 st 7 lb)|
|Played for||Edmonton Oilers
|NHL Draft||52nd overall, 1998
Allen played for Boston College, from which he was selected fifty-second in the 1998 NHL Entry Draft by the Boston Bruins. He was subsequently traded to the Edmonton Oilers on the 2002 trade deadline, in exchange for Sean Brown. He spent the majority of his Oiler career in the American Hockey League, although he did play one game for Edmonton in 2002–03.
On July 17, 2006, Allen was signed as a free agent by hometown team, the Boston Bruins, to a one-year deal. Allen was assigned to start the 2006–07 season with Boston's AHL affiliate, the Providence Bruins. He spent the first half of the season with Providence before playing his first NHL game in 5 years with the Bruins on January 17, 2007 against the Buffalo Sabres. Allen's physical play earnt him a spot with the Bruins for the remaining half of the season. On July 6, 2007, after testing free agency Allen re-signed with the Bruins to a one-year contract for the 2007–08 season.
Allen only managed to play in only 19 games over the season with the Bruins as he was hampered by a back injury. Prior to the 2008–09 season Allen was diagnosed with two herniated discs in his back and has been unable to play since.
Allen was born in Weymouth, Massachusetts raised in Hull, Massachusetts, attended Cushing Academy and currently lives in Hingham, Massachusetts with his wife Natalie, a teacher at Hingham High School, and their baby daughter.
|2004–05||Albany River Rats||AHL||66||5||11||16||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2005–06||Albany River Rats||AHL||68||4||14||18||28||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honors
|All-Hockey East Rookie Team||1997–98|
|Hockey East All-Tournament Team||1999|||
|All-Hockey East Second Team||1999–00|
|All-Hockey East First Team||2000–01|
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2000–01|
|Hockey East All-Tournament Team||2001|||
- "Devils defenseman scores one-year deal". ESPN. 2004-07-22. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "Kessel has two goal game spoiled by Sabres". CBS Sports. 2007-01-17. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "Welcome home Bobby Allen". Boston Bruins. 2007-01-19. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "Boston Bruins sign Allen and Bitz". Boston Bruins. 2007-07-06. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- Donnelly, Elisabeth (2008-02-01). "Hanging with..Bobby Allen". The Boston Globe. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "Cap will be fit for Kings". Boston.com. 2008-09-06. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "2013-14 Hockey East Media Guide". Hockey East. Retrieved 2014-05-19.
|Awards and achievements|
|Hockey East Best Defensive Defenseman