Bohack (full company name "H.C. Bohack", sometimes informally referred to as "Bohack's") was a chain of grocery stores located in the New York City area that opened in 1887 and closed in 1977. They were headquartered in Maspeth, Queens. The founder, Henry C. Bohack, opened the first store on Fulton Street in Brooklyn. Throughout the 1960s, Bohack purchased Daitch Shopwell, Packers, and several other supermarket businesses. Stores throughout the company's existence were located in New York City, on Long Island, in Westchester County, New York, and Fairfield County, Connecticut. Bohack also owned and incorporated gas stations in the 1920s and 30s.
Use in Media
The Bohack location at 87th St and 2nd Ave was featured in The Odd Couple when Felix went in and did shopping for his and Oscar's date night with the Pigeon sisters.
Sopranos season 6 Tony: (digging with shovel) Halfway ta China...there's nuthin' here. Uncle Junior: Forty thousand I had. My share of the Bohack's haul from the seventies.
- "H.C. Bohack". groceteria.com. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Bohack's". Places That Are No More. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Bohacks". mingum.blogspot.com. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- "Bob Bohack's Decision". The New York Observer. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "A Bohack's Injection". The Write Angle. Retrieved 24 May 2013.