Bola Muinat Shagaya
|Born||10 October 1959 (age 62)60 Years|
|Education||Ahmadu Bello University Armstrong College|
Early life and family
Hajia Bola Muinat Shagaya (MON) was born on 10 October 1959, she is a Nigerian business mogul and fashion enthusiast; and the daughter of Adut Makur a Sudanese seamstress and Emenike Mobo a Nigerian Public Servant. She is currently married to Alhaji Shagaya, a Kwara State-based transport mogul, and has six children. Sherif Shagaya, Hakeem Shagaya, Deeja Shagaya, Naieema Shagaya, Amaya Roberts Shagaya and Adeena Roberts Shagaya. Her children are dispersed across the world, most reputably growing the Real Estate empire in both Europe and the United States. Also involved in minor business and industry holdings across Asia and Australia. Bola Shagaya is known to have had her secondary school education at Queens School, Ilorin, and her tertiary education at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and Armstrong College in California, where she studied economics and accountancy. Bola Shagaya is the founder and CEO of Bolmus Group International, a conglomerate with holdings in real estate, oil and gas, banking and photography. As she is one of the most successful entrepreneurs in Nigeria and Africa, highly recognized with the likes of Folorunsho Alakija. Unlike most prominent industrialists, she skillfully built her wealth and network. In recognition of her outstanding virtues and immense contribution to economic growth, she was recognised and awarded twice by the Nigerian government.
She started her career with the audit department of the Central Bank of Nigeria before venturing into commercial activities in 1983. Her business experience started with the importation and distribution of photographic materials and she introduced the Konica brand of photographic materials into the Nigerian market and West Africa.
Hajia Bola Muinat Shagaya is also the managing director of Practoil Limited, one of the largest importers and distributors of base oil in Nigeria, serving local lubricant blending plants. Her businesses also includes huge investment in real estate, spanning across major cities in the country with over three hundred employees.
She is currently on the board of Unity Bank plc (formerly Intercity Bank) and has been for over eight years. She is also a member of the recently inaugurated Nepad Business Group – Nigeria. Hajia Bola Shagaya is a patron of the Fashion Designers Association of Nigeria (FADAN), and a fashion and art enthusiast who supports and encourages the fashion and art industry. She also loves sports, especially polo. On 22 July 2010, she was awarded by the former President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR), the title of Member of the Order of the Niger (MON).
Money Laundering Investigation
- Nsehe, Mfonobong. "Ten Female Millionaires To Watch In Africa". Forbes. Archived from the original on 25 July 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "The 10 Richest Women In Africa - African Female Entrepreneurs". Ventures Africa. 16 July 2012. Archived from the original on 18 September 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- venturesafrica (23 December 2012). "Hajiya Bola Shagaya: Makings Of A Billionaire Social Elite". Ventures Africa. Archived from the original on 20 August 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "Top oil magnates living it up". Vanguard News. 27 January 2012. Archived from the original on 1 July 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- Unity Bank Plc Board of Directors Archived 24 August 2013 at the Wayback Machine
- "How Patience Jonathan, Shagaya Used NGO To Launder N3.3bn – EFCC". Sahara Reporters. 27 February 2018. Archived from the original on 23 November 2018. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "How Patience Jonathan, Shagaya Used NGO To Launder N3.3bn – EFCC".