Arlene Macfarlane and Camilla Tveit.
Bones Apart is an English all-female trombone quartet. The group formed in 1999 at the Royal Northern College of Music in Manchester. As of 2008, the group includes Becky Smith, Lorna McDonald, Jayne Murrill, and Helen Vollam. Former members include Carol Jarvis, Becca Harper, Camilla Tveit and Arlene Macfarlane.
Tours and performances
The quartet has toured throughout Europe, Japan and in the United States including performances at the International Trombone Festival, the International Women's Brass Conference, the Spanish Brass Festival, and the Edinburgh International Festival, Scandinavian Trombone Festival, Lieksa Brass Week, Vilnius Festival, Bury St Edmunds Festival, Leicester International Music Festival, Sauerland-Herbst Festival, Eastern Trombone Workshop in Washington.
Bones Apart has released four albums.
- No More Blues (2002)
- Enigma (2006)
- four4four (2009)
- ten (2009) - 10th anniversary CD
- "About us". Archived from the original on 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- "Music Department To Present SummerArts Concerts". SIUE News. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. 2003-05-27. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "All-Female, British Trombone Quartet To Perform At SIUE On June 9". SIUE News. Southern Illinois University Edwardsville. 2003-06-02. Archived from the original on 2008-03-05. Retrieved 2008-04-06.
- "Bones Apart, the all-female tromboners". Archived from the original on 2015-02-03. Retrieved 2008-02-29.
- "Blowing in from across the Atlantic..." Archived from the original on 2015-02-03. Retrieved 2007-11-16.
- "Shepherd School of Music - Houston, TX". Retrieved 2008-03-31.
- "Recordings". Retrieved 2008-04-14.[dead link]
|This article on an English band or musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|