|Directed by||Renny Harlin|
|Produced by||Markus Selin|
|Music by||Richard G. Mitchell|
|Edited by||Paul Martin Smith|
Cinema Group Ventures
|August 30, 1986|
|Box office||$3,401,376 (US)|
Born American (Finnish: Jäätävä polte; also known as Arctic Heat) is a 1986 Finnish film directed by Renny Harlin. It was originally supposed to star Chuck Norris but he backed out when filming was delayed by funding problems and his son, Mike Norris, landed the lead instead. A Finnish production, this was at that time the most expensive film ever to have been made in Finland. The Finnish Board of Film Classification first banned the movie, because of excessive violence and anti-Soviet elements. Because of that the movie had to be shortened 3.5 minutes before it was finally accepted for distribution October 29, 1986 with the Supreme Court decision. The premiere was December 19, 1986. The success of the film in the United States allowed Harlin to get his foot in the door in Hollywood.
- Mike Norris ... Savoy
- Steve Durham ... Mitch
- David Coburn ... K.C.
- Piita Vuosalmi ... Nadja
- Vesa Vierikko ... Kapsky
- Thalmus Rasulala ... Admiral
- Albert Salmi ... U.S. Ambassador
- Ismo Kallio ... Zarkov
- Marjo Vuollo ...Tamara
North America Box Office
Born American was released in North America over the Labor Day Weekend in 1986. It was the ninth biggest movie that weekend, earning $2.2 million in 1,071 theaters. The film's overall box office take was $3,388,020.
- Born American "Born American - Box Office Data" Check
|url=value (help). The Numbers. Retrieved 29 July 2011.
- Neuvostoliitto oli Renny Harlinin Jäätävän Poltteen kiellon takana, Julkaistu, Iltasanomat, 13 February 2008 12:34
- Born American on IMDb
- Born American at AllMovie
- Born American at Box Office Mojo
- Born American at Rotten Tomatoes
- Fedorov, Alexander. The Analysis of Stereotypes of Politically Engaged Media Texts in Media Studies in Student Audience (by the Example of Renny Harlin’s films “Born American” (1986) and “Five Days of War” (2011)
|This article about a 1980s action film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|