This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
February 2006 issue
The magazine claims a publication of 500,000 issues per month, its percentage of newsstand copies sold is among the highest of any magazine of any kind in the United States, and it has been named among the best city magazines in the nation nine times in the last ten years by the City and Regional Magazine Association.
Best of Boston
"Best of Boston" is an award given by Boston magazine in an annual issue which is "the definitive guide to the city’s finest".
This award is given in a wide range of categories that vary from year-to-year. Recent awards include best clam chowder, cookware, day spa, gym, jewelry store, martini, mojito, pizza topping, shiatsu, teeth whitening, thai food, and many more.
Many area businesses display these awards proudly, in the form of a certificate or by using the award logo on company materials, store windows, and advertising. Along with the annual awards, Boston magazine also runs feature articles intended to quantify local resources, such as "Top Schools", "Top Restaurants", and "Top Doctors".
Boston magazine produces several ancillary publications:
- Boston Home is a quarterly publication geared towards eaders with an interest in high-end interior design, home decor, and architecture.
- Boston Weddings is a biannual publication for wedding planners and brides-to-be.
- Boston magazine has been owned by the Philadelphia-based company Metrocorp (sometimes rendered in camel case as "MetroCorp") since 1971.
- WCVB-TV Channel 5, WBZ NewsRadio, Greater Media, WBUR, and MAGIC 106.7 collaborate and cross-promote with Boston magazine.
- Boston magazine is a member of the American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME).
- "Alliance for Audited Media Snapshot Report - 6/2016". Alliance for Audited Media. June 2016. Retrieved 2 February 2017.
- "About Boston magazine". Boston. via Internet Archive.
- Boston masthead Archived November 11, 2006, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Metrocorp and Philadelphia Magazine Announce Change in Organizational Leadership". PR Newswire. April 22, 2003. Retrieved January 9, 2017.