|Brandon P. Neuman|
|Member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives
from the 48th district
January 4, 2011
|Preceded by||Tim Solobay|
|Residence||North Strabane, Pennsylvania|
|Alma mater||University of Richmond (B.A.)
University of Pittsburgh School of Law (M.S.L.)
Duquesne University School of Law (J.D.)
|Website||Rep. Brandon Neuman|
Personal life and education
Neuman graduated from Canon–McMillan High School in 2000. He earned a bachelor's in criminal justice from the University of Richmond in 2005. Neuman earned a master's degree from the University of Pittsburgh in 2005 and a J.D. from Duquesne University in 2009. Neuman played football for Canon–McMillan and the University of Richmond, suffering four documented concussions while playing fullback.
Neuman was first elected to the Pennsylvania House in 2011. He represents Washington County, Pennsylvania, which is to the South of Pittsburgh. Neuman serves on the Agriculture & Rural Affairs, Consumer Affairs, Judiciary, Labor & Industry, and Rules committees.
Neuman has introduced a bill that would require all student-athletes to receive baseline concussion screening at the beginning of each season. Neuman has been a critic of former Governor Tom Corbett's handling of the Penn State child sex abuse scandal. Along with fellow Representative Tony DeLuca, Neuman has introduced legislation to combat healthcare waste and fraud.
- "Representative Brandon P. Neuman's Biography". Project VoteSmart. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Brandon P. Neuman". Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Retrieved 22 November 2012.
- "Brandon P. Neuman". Pennsylvania House of Representatives. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Loh, Stefanie (25 April 2011). "Former football player Rep. Brandon Neuman introduces concussion screening bill for Pa. student-athletes". The Patriot News. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Murphy, Jan (2 January 2013). "NCAA lawsuit: Rep. Brandon Neuman chastises Gov. Tom Corbett for delay in fighting sanctions imposed against Penn State". The Patriot News. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Neuman introduces legislation to combat health care fraud". 8 June 2013. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- Gibson, Keegan (9 February 2013). "PA Dems Endorse Waters & Other State Committee News". PoliticsPA. Retrieved 8 September 2013.
- "Lieutenant Governor - Pennsylvania". philly.com. Retrieved August 21, 2014.
- Profile at Project Vote Smart
- Twitter account
- State Representative Brandon P. Neuman official caucus site
- Brandon P. Neuman (D) official PA House site
|This article about a member of the Pennsylvania House of Representatives is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|