Break My Bank
|"Break My Bank"|
|Single by New Boyz featuring Iyaz|
|from the album Too Cool to Care|
|Released||July 13, 2010|
|Genre||Hip hop, reggae fusion|
|Label||Shotty, Asylum, Warner Bros.|
|Writer(s)||Dominic Thomas, Earl Benjamin, Matt Squire, Damon Sharpe|
|Producer(s)||Matt Squire, Damon Sharpe|
|New Boyz singles chronology|
"Break My Bank" is a song by American hip-hop duo New Boyz featuring Virgin Islands singer Iyaz. It was written by the group with Matt Squire and Damon Sharpe. The song is the lead single from their second studio album, Too Cool to Care.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Break My Bank" features an electronic "sugary" beat with synths and strings. The song features Iyaz singing reggae-rhythmed hook, as New Boyz deliver their lines in a "sing-song" style over an electronic beat and pop hooks. The lyrics refer to them "emptying their wallets to keep the attention of their desired girlfriends," through lines such as, "Had to scrape for some change / So I went to the bank / When I see her she was so damn fine like that / So I hit it right back pull out more stacks / She make me wanna break my bank."
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||68|
|U.S. R&B/Hip-Hop Songs||63|
|U.S. Rap Songs||10|
|United States||July 13, 2010||Digital download|
|July 20, 2010||Rhythmic airplay|
|August 3, 2010||Mainstream airplay|
- "New Boyz - Break My Bank". DJBooth. DJBooth.com. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- Wilkening, Matthew (2010-07-06). "New Boyz, 'Break My Bank' -- New Song". AOL Music Blog. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "New Boyz and Iyaz Perform "Break My Bank"". WBBM Online. CBS Radio. 2010-06-15. Retrieved 2010-07-08.
- "Break My Bank (feat. Iyaz) - Single by New Boyz". iTunes Store. Apple Inc. Retrieved 2010-07-13.
- "Available for Airplay". FMQB. Archived from the original on 2010-10-28. Retrieved 2010-07-13.