From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A breathing mask may refer to:
- Bag valve mask, a device used in resuscitation of non-breathing casualties, optionally using supplementary oxygen.
- Built in breathing system (BIBS) mask, an oro-nasal mask providing breathing gas in a hyperbaric chamber
- Dust mask, a flexible pad held over the nose and mouth by elastic or rubber straps to protect against dusts encountered during construction or cleaning activities
- Full face diving mask, a watertight mask covering the mouth, nose and eyes, allowing the wearer to breathe underwater from a self-contained or surface-supplied breathing gas supply
- Full face snorkelling mask, a watertight mask with air passages allowing the user to breathe atmospheric air while swimming face-down at the surface of the water
- Gas mask, a respirator designed to protect the user from toxic gases
- non-rebreather mask, an oro-nasal mask used in medicine to assist in the delivery of oxygen therapy.
- Oxygen mask, which covers the mouth and nose of a patient undergoing oxygen therapy as first aid or longer term treatment, or a passenger in an aircraft which has depressurised at altitude
- Paint mask a flexible pad held over the nose and mouth by elastic or rubber straps to protect against paint mists or vapors
- Respirator, a device designed to protect the wearer from inhaling harmful dusts, fumes, vapors or gases
- SCBA mask, or BA mask, a full face mask covering the mouth, nose and eyes of a person wearing self contained breathing apparatus
- Smoke mask, a type of respirator designed for use in smoke.
- Surgical mask, also known as a procedure mask, is intended to be worn by health professionals during surgery
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Breathing mask.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.