||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to self-published sources; articles should not be based solely on such sources. (August 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Brendan Loy is an American blogger.
Loy's first blog, titled The Irish Trojan's Blog, gained moderate attention on the Internet and in some media outlets for his posting on Hurricane Katrina. He currently runs two blogs. His primary blog, "The Living Room Times," covers politics, sports, news, weather, and other topics. His secondary blog, "The Pioneer Pulse," is devoted to covering the Denver Pioneers men's basketball team.
Loy worked for the Daily Trojan during his undergraduate studies at the University of Southern California, but Loy states that he was "forced to resign" from an editorial position. Loy has not stated the reasons for his resignation.[self-published source?][self-published source?]
Loy is a native of Newington, Connecticut. He graduated from the University of Southern California in 2003 and Notre Dame Law School in 2007. He and his wife Becky have three daughters. He is currently a practicing attorney in Colorado.
Hurricane Katrina coverage
Loy's site became the "most frequently cited hurricane-related blog" for Katrina-related coverage, according to Intelliseek's Blogpulse.
Due to his hurricane coverage, Loy was the subject of articles in The New York Times, The Washington Post, and was covered by Slate's Mickey Kaus. Loy also appeared briefly in Spike Lee's 2006 HBO documentary film "When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts."
Other media attention
- "Becky and Toby Flood the Zone".
- "Heads Must Roll".
- About Brendan[self-published source?] Archived August 14, 2010, at the Wayback Machine., The Living Room Times
- Intelliseek's Blogpulse lists Irish Trojan Blog as the "most frequently cited hurricane-related blog" for Katrina-related coverage
- "A 'Weather Nerd' in Indiana Sent a Warning to the Mayor", The New York Times, September 5, 2005
- "Brendan Loy, the Guy of The Storm", The Washington Post, October 23, 2005
- Mickey Kaus (September 2, 2005) Archived February 18, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
- When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts at the Internet Movie Database
- "The Perfect Bracket: How to come out on top in your NCAA tournament pool", Sports Illustrated on Campus, March 28, 2006
- The Living Room Times, formerly titled The Irish Trojan's Blog
- The Pioneer Pulse
- "ND 'weather nerd' on mark; He used computer models to track storm, warn of impending doom on blog", South Bend Tribune, September 7, 2005