||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Brett Smiley (September 25, 1955 – January 8, 2016) was an American singer-songwriter who was active in the UK during the glam rock era of the early 1970s. Smiley released one single, "Va Va Va Voom," and made an appearance on the Russell Harty television show, where he performed the song "Space Ace".
In 1974, Smiley—who, at the time, was managed and produced by Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldham—recorded an album, Breathlessly Brett. The album, which included the songs "Va Va Va Voom" and "Space Ace", remained unreleased until 2004, when RPM Records included it as part of its Lipsmackin' 70s collection.
Smiley also starred as the Prince, in the 1977 American erotic musical comedy Cinderella.
In 2004, rock biographer Nina Antonia published a book about Smiley, The Prettiest Star: Whatever Happened to Brett Smiley.
Breathlessly Brett track listing
|Studio album by Brett Smiley|
|Producer||Andrew Loog Oldham|
- "Brett's Lullaby"
- "Highty Tighty"
- "Space Ace"
- "April in Paris"
- "Va Va Va Voom"
- "Run for the Sun"
- "I Want to Hold Your Hand" (Lennon–McCartney)
- "Pre-Columbian Love"
- "Queen of Hearts"
- "I Can't Help Myself"/"Over the Rainbow"
- "Young at Heart"
- "Glam Rock Cult Hero Brett Smiley Dies at Age 60". Billboard. January 11, 2016. Retrieved January 25, 2016.
- Glam rock cult hero Brett Smiley dies in NYC at age 60: Herald Net. Retrieved January 12, 2016.
- Dave Thompson (2016-01-07). "Brett Smiley - Va Va Voom (September 25, 1955 - January 7, 2016) - Goldmine Magazine". Goldminemag.com. Retrieved 2016-02-04.
- Nina Antonia (2005). The Prettiest Star: Whatever Happened to Brett Smiley. SAF Publishing Ltd. ISBN 0-946719-72-1.
- Brett Smiley on IMDb
- Whatever happened to Brett Smiley?
- Magnet Magazine Article About Brett Smiley by Kristian Hoffman
- Youtube Brett Smiley on the Russell Harty show
|This article about a United States singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|