|Full name||Brian Robert Edrich|
18 August 1922|
Cantley, Norfolk, England
|Died||31 May 2009
Padstow, Cornwall, England
|Batting style||Left-hand batsman|
|Bowling style||Right-hand off break|
|Role||Batsman, occasional bowler, Coach|
|Relations||WJ Edrich, EH Edrich, GA Edrich (brothers), JH Edrich (cousin), JS Edrich (nephew)|
|Domestic team information|
|First-class debut||10 May 1947 Kent v Lancashire|
|Last First-class||19 July 1967 Minor Counties v Pakistanis|
|List A debut||3 May 1967 Oxfordshire v Cambridgeshire|
|Last List A||25 April 1970 Oxfordshire v Worcestershire|
|Source: CricketArchive, 18 December 2008|
Brian Robert Edrich (18 August 1922 – 31 May 2009) was an English cricketer. He was a left-handed middle-order batsman and a right-arm off break bowler. He also acted as assistant coach of Glamorgan. Born in Cantley, Norfolk, he died at Padstow in Cornwall, aged 86.
He was cricket coach at St Edward's School, Oxford.
His most prolific season was 1951, in which he passed 1,000 runs for the only time in his career, finishing with 1,267, including two hundreds and seven fifties. His highest score in first-class cricket was 193 not out, made in 1949 against Sussex. During the innings, he shared a record partnership of 161 with Fred Ridgway for the ninth wicket. This score, however – 51% of the total of 379 – was made in a losing cause. In the same season, he had his best bowling return, 7/41 in the first innings against Hampshire, dismissing seven of the top eight batsmen, a match Kent won by just 26 runs. As a bowler, his role was mostly a supporting one and he never achieved 50 wickets in a season, his best being 49, also in 1951.
- "Brian Edrich – A Tribute". Glamorgan CCC. Retrieved 1 June 2009.
- "First-class Batting and Fielding in Each Season by Brian Edrich". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 1 June 2009. (subscription required (. ))
- "Kent v Sussex – County Championship 1949". Cricket Archive. 25 June 1949. Retrieved 1 June 2009. (subscription required (. ))
- Hignell, Dr. A. K. (December 2003). "Brief profile of Brian Edrich". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 1 June 2009. (subscription required (. ))
- "Hampshire v Kent – County Championship 1949". Cricket Archive. 7 June 1949. Retrieved 1 June 2009. (subscription required (. ))
- "First-class Bowling in Each Season by Brian Edrich". Cricket Archive. Retrieved 1 June 2009. (subscription required (. ))