Brian Fox (artist)
Brian Fox is a portrait painter.
About Brian Fox
Brian Fox is a nationally renowned artist specializing in painting celebrities. His forte and passion centers on sports and music but his ability and experience extend far beyond that scope. Brian has painted some of the biggest icons of our time, including the late Jackie Robinson, Keith Richards, Michael Phelps, Johnny Depp, Ray Charles, and Mixed Martial Arts Champion Georges St-Pierre, to name just a few.
Over the course of Brian’s 20-year career, Brian has forged numerous relationships with athletes and organizations such as Curt Schilling, Josh Beckett, Ryan Howard, the Major League Baseball Players Association, the National Hockey League, Rachel Robinson and many more in order to raise substantial money for their favorite charitable organizations, including the ALS Association, Major League Baseball Players Trust, Josh Beckett Foundation, Ryan Howard Family Foundation, Providence College, Hockey Fights Cancer and the Jackie Robinson Foundation.
Brian has been selected as the official commemorative artist for Major League Baseball’s 2007, 2008 and 2009 All Star Games, as well as the official artist for the 2007 World Series, held in Boston. In 2009, he was hired to produce “Original Artist Sketch Cards” for TOPPS popular Series 1 Baseball Cards. Brian completed the sketches of forty (40) current and retired legendary baseball players, including Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Jonathan Papelbon, Josh Hamilton, and Ichiro Suzuki. Also in 2009, Brian was commissioned by the NHL to produce original artwork for the 2010 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic on January 1, featuring the Boston Bruins and the Philadelphia Flyers, live at Boston's Fenway Park. Brian’s artwork was featured on the cover of the limited edition game day program. The painting was auctioned on NHL Auctions, on NHL.com. A portion of the proceeds benefited Hockey Fights Cancer, a joint charitable initiative founded in December 1998 by the National Hockey League and the National Hockey League Players' Association to raise money and awareness for national and organizations involved in cancer research and Curt’s Pitch for ALS, which provides funding for research into amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), also known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease.
Most recently, Brian collaborated with Olympic hero Jim Craig to create a collection of original artwork commemorating the 30 year anniversary of “Miracle on Ice”. The first releases will include a portrait of Craig draped in the American flag and the rarely seen but barrier-shattering image of Craig and Russian Goalie Vladislav Tretiak shaking hands after a contest. Brian was also commissioned by a private collector to produce a one-of-a-kind collector’s portrait commemorating the 30-year anniversary of Miracle on Ice. The portrait was signed by all members of the 1980 U.S. Hockey Team, including Craig.
Brian’s impeccable draftsmanship, attention to detail and uncanny ability to capture the “look” of his subjects keep his masters of art in high demand. Brian is prominently featured in numerous celebrity events and high-profile charity benefits, always promoting his altruism and passion for expressive, visual art. Brian Fox’s artwork exhibits and sells throughout the United States.
- Major League Baseball
- National Football League
- National Hockey League
- Walt Disney
- Foxwoods Resort & Casino
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
- The Mirage Resort & Casino
Work in collections
- Jackie Robinson Foundation
- Tom Brady
- Curt Schilling
- Josh Beckett
- Johan Santana
- Ichiro Suzuki
- Jim Thorpe
- George St. Pierre, Mixed Martial Arts Champion
- Alan Garcia, Thoroughbred Horse Racing Jockey
Celebrities and CEOs:
- Morgan Freeman
- Charlton Heston
- Larry Lucchino – CEO of Boston Red Sox
- Oz Scott – Director of C.S.I. NY
- George Horowitz, President Everlast Worldwide Inc.
- Bill Casner, CEO WinStar Farms
- Charlie Jacobs, owner Boston Bruins
Other points of interest
- Brian inked a licensing agreement with the National Hockey League (NHL) to create licensed artwork for the NHL. Under the terms of the licensing agreement, original works of art developed by Fox, including the 2010 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic portrait, will be reproduced into limited edition prints and posters
- Brian has been selected as the official commemorative artist for Major League Baseball’s 2007, 2008 and 2009 All Star Games, as well as the artist for the 2007 World Series
- Brian was hired to produce “Original Artist Sketch Cards” for TOPPS popular Series 1 Baseball Cards. Brian completed the sketches of forty (40) current and retired legendary baseball players, including Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Jonathan Papelbon, Josh Hamilton, and Ichiro Suzuki, to be included in the series.
- Brian has teamed up with numerous sports icons over the years to raise money for their favorite charitable organizations. In the past year alone, Brian has partnered with Curt Schilling, Josh Beckett, Major League Baseball Players Association, Rachel Robinson and others to produce one-of-a-kind signed original paintings that have raised substantial monies for their charities, including the ALS Association, Major League Baseball Players Trust, Josh Beckett Foundation, Providence College and the Jackie Robinson Foundation.
- Brian was recently commissioned to paint Olympic swimmer and World record-holder Michael Phelps. The collector, who asked to remain anonymous, selected Fox to paint a total of eight portraits, commemorating eight Gold Medals, and autographed by Phelps.
- Brian was selected by Disney to create original art for their galleries in Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida.
- Brian’s artwork can be seen in Los Angeles, New York and Boston.
Brian graduated from the University of Massachusetts in 1990 with a bachelor's degree in Fine Arts.
- NHL: Boston Artist Captures Essence of Winter Classic http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=509992
- Providence Journal: Artist’s paintings so real they look like photos http://www.projo.com/news/bobkerr/kerr_column_17_01-17-10_5UH3D2N_v21.30f0c08.htm
- Fall River Herald: Somerset Native Has Bruch With Winter Classic http://www.heraldnews.com/highlight/x1820918032/PORTRAIT-ON-ICE-Somerset-native-has-brush-with-Winter-Classic
- Blast Magazine: Local Artist Brian Fox Taking Part in NHL Winter Classic http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazine/arts/art/2010/01/local-artist-brian-fox-taking-part-in-nhl-winter-classic/
- WBZ-TV: Red Sox, Patriots - Local Artist Shows Off Latest Work http://email@example.com
- Saratoga Today: Brian Fox Majesty Power http://www.saratoga.com/horse-racing-blog/2009/08/rachel-alexandra-brian-t-fox-siros-majesty-power-and-insight.html
- Sherdog: First-Ever Autographed Limited Edition Prints of MMA Champion GSP http://www.sherdog.com/news/pressreleases/First-ever-Autographed-Limited-Edition-Prints-of-MMA-Champion-GSP-Now-Available-18145
- Brian Fox: http://www.brianfoxstudios.com/