Brian Head Peak
|Brian Head Peak|
|Iron County, Utah, U.S.|
|Elevation||11,307 ft (3,446 m)|
|Prominence||3,747 ft (1,142 m)|
|Topo map||USGS Brian Head|
Brian Head Peak, at 11,307 feet (3,446 m) high is the highest peak on the Markagunt Plateau and in Iron County in southwestern Utah. Brian Head Peak is located east of Cedar City and just north of Cedar Breaks National Monument in Dixie National Forest. The town of Brian Head at the western base of the mountain is the location of the Brian Head Ski Resort.
There is a Forest Service lookout on the peak that was built in 1934-1935, and there is also a road to the summit that can be driven in summer.
- "Brian Head, Utah". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Brian Head". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Markagunt Plateau-Zion". Peakbagger. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- "Brian Head Peak". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
- Staff. "Brian Head Peak Observation". Dixie National Forest, U.S. Forest Service. Retrieved 27 May 2012.
|This article about a location in Utah is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|