Brian Head Peak
|Brian Head Peak|
Brian Head Peak and Cedar Breaks
|Elevation||11,312 ft (3,448 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||3,747 ft (1,142 m) |
|Listing||Utah county high points 15th|
|Location||Iron County, Utah, U.S.|
|Parent range||Markagunt Plateau|
|Topo map||USGS Brian Head|
Brian Head Peak, at 11,312 feet (3,448 m) high is the highest peak on the Markagunt Plateau and in Iron County in southwestern Utah. Brian Head Peak is located east of Cedar City and just north of Cedar Breaks National Monument in Dixie National Forest. The town of Brian Head at the western base of the mountain is the location of the Brian Head Ski Resort.
There is a Forest Service lookout on the peak that was built in 1934-1935, and there is also a road to the summit that can be driven in summer.
- "Utah County High Points". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2016-04-18.
- "Brian 2". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved 2016-04-15.
- "Brian Head, Utah". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2016-04-15.
- "Markagunt Plateau-Zion". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Brian Head Peak". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- Staff. "Brian Head Peak Observation". Dixie National Forest, U.S. Forest Service. Retrieved 2012-05-27.
- "Brian Head". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "Brian Head Peak". SummitPost.org.
|This article about a location in Utah is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|