Dr. John Brian Morrissey is a co-founder of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency.
He immigrated to Canada in 1968, and joined the Food Production and Inspection Branch of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and held several positions including Director General of the Food Inspection Directorate, and Assistant Deputy Minister (ADM) of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency. Between 1990 and 1992, he served as ADM of the Science Branch at Fisheries and Oceans Canada and in 1992, he was appointed ADM of the Research Branch at Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.
In 2001, he was awarded Canada’s “Outstanding Achievement Award”, and in 2004 was presented with the French Ministry of Agriculture’s professional designation known as “Chevalier dans l’Ordre du Mérite Agricole” for advancing Franco-Canadian cooperation in research.
- "Outstanding Achievement Award of the Public Service of Canada - Biography". Canada Public Service Agency. 2001. Retrieved 2008-11-11.[dead link]
- "Initial Production Inspection". www.inspection-in-china.com.
- "Outstanding achievement award - Previous award recipients". Canada Public Service Agency. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2008-11-11.
- "Government House: Awards to Canadians" (PDF). Canada Gazette Part I. 136 (39): 2895. 2002-09-28. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-16.
- "Consular Notice". Consulate general of France in Vancouver. Archived from the original on 2011-07-20. Retrieved 2008-11-11.