Brian N. Sheth
Brian Niranjan Sheth
November 26, 1975
Acton, Massachusetts, U.S.
|Residence||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Pennsylvania|
|Occupation||Co-founder and President of Vista Equity Partners|
|Net worth||US$2 billion (Forbes 2018)|
Adria Marie Ferguson (m. 2003)
Brian N. Sheth is the co-founder and President of Vista Equity Partners, a private equity fund based in Austin, Texas. Sheth was listed in the Forbes 2018 World Billionaires list with an estimated net worth of $2 billion. He was also a member of Fortune’s 2015 “40 under 40” list and Forbes’ 40 under 40 in 2015.
Vista Equity Partners
Co-founded by Sheth in 2000, Vista owns over 50 software companies and has 65,000 employees worldwide - making it the fourth largest enterprise software company after Microsoft, Oracle, and SAP. Vista was named the world’s top-performing private equity firm by the 2014 HEC-Dow Jones Private Equity Performance Ranking.
Education and early career
Prior to Vista, Sheth worked at Bain Capital, where he focused on leveraged buyouts of technology companies. He previously worked in the mergers and acquisitions groups at Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Morgan Grenfell, where he advised clients in a variety of industries, including software, hardware, semiconductors, and online media. Sheth holds a B.S. in Economics from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Boards and philanthropy
Sheth sits on a number of boards, including: The Active Network, Advicent, Aptean, Autotask, Bullhorn, DealerSocket, Global Wildlife Entertainment, Greenway, MarVista Entertainment, MRI Software, STATS, Taxware, Waterfall Mobile, and Forcepoint.
Sheth and his wife, Adria Sheth, established the Sangreal Foundation, which is dedicated to education and wildlife conservation. Sheth also chairs the Global Wildlife Conservation, an international organization working in 45 countries around the world to protect and save critical habitats and species. 
- "Brian Sheth". Forbes. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "Fortune's 2016 40 Under 40". fortune.com. September 22, 2016. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Kroll, Luisa. "Brian Sheth - pg.19". forbes.com. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "Vista Equity: The Biggest Software Group You've Never Heard Of". PCMAG. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "The 2015 HEC-DowJones Private Equity Performance Ranking - Robert Agostinelli". robertagostinelli.net. December 21, 2015. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "Brian Sheth - Vista". vistaequitypartners.com. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "Board of Directors - Global Wildlife Conservation". globalwildlife.org. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "About Us - Sangreal Foundation". sangrealfoundation.org. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- "Worth Giving: How Tech Finance Leader Brian Sheth Wants to Save the Planet". worth.com. Retrieved March 15, 2017.
- Vardi, Nathan. "The Billionaire Who Is The Biggest Dealmaker In Software". Forbes. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- "Youth and Conservation: The Holy Grails of a Young Billionaire Couple's Giving". Inside Philanthropy. Retrieved November 19, 2018.