Brian Stewart (American football)
|Title||Defensive backs coach|
|Born||December 4, 1964|
San Diego, California
|1984–1985||Santa Monica College|
|Coaching career (HC unless noted)|
|1993–1994||Cal Poly (WR/RB)|
|1995||Northern Arizona (TE/ST)|
|1997–1998||San Jose State (DB)|
|2002–2003||Houston Texans (Asst. DB)|
|2004–2006||San Diego Chargers (DB)|
|2007–2008||Dallas Cowboys (DC)|
|2009||Philadelphia Eagles (AST)|
|2018–present||Detroit Lions (DB)|
Brian Stewart (born December 4, 1964 in San Diego, California) is the current defensive backs coach of the Detroit Lions of the National Football League (NFL). He was Defensive Coordinator at Rice University for the 2017 season. He was hired in the spring after the 2016 season. He was formerly the Defensive Coordinator at Maryland.
In 2012, he led Maryland's defense to be the 2nd-ranked defense (in yards per game) in the Atlantic Coast Conference, and the 21st-ranked defense in the nation. Previously, Stewart held the position of defensive coordinator on the Houston Cougars football team in 2010 and 2011 at the University of Houston. He also held several assistant coaching positions in the NFL, most recently as a Special Assistant to the Defense for the Philadelphia Eagles. Prior to joining the Eagles, he was a defensive coordinator for the Dallas Cowboys.
Stewart's family includes wife Kimberly and their children Leila, Mya, and Zara.
- "Brian Stewart Biography - Maryland Terrapins Athletics - University of Maryland Terps Official Athletic Site". University of Maryland Athletics. Retrieved 23 September 2013.
- Campbell, Steve (2010-01-25). "UH hires Stewart as defensive coordinator". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "All-Time Coaches" (PDF). Philadelphia Eagles. Retrieved 23 September 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Spagnola, Mickey (2009-01-16). "Cowboys Dismiss DC Brian Stewart After 2 Seasons". Dallas Cowboys. Archived from the original on 2009-03-09. Retrieved 2010-01-25.
- "Lions coaching staff update". Detroit Lions. February 7, 2018. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
| Dallas Cowboys Defensive Coordinator