Brita Collett Paus
Brita Lucie Collett Paus (born on 3 July 1917 as Brita Lucie Collett in Salsbruket in the Kolvereid municipality, now Nærøy municipality, Norway – died on 28 June 1998, Oslo, Norway) was a Norwegian humanitarian leader and the founder of Fransiskushjelpen, a Catholic charitable organisation in Norway. She led the organisation from 1956 until 1993.
She converted to Catholicism from Lutheranism in 1950, and served as chair of the Laity Council of the Catholic Diocese of Oslo, as board member of Caritas in Norway from 1965 and member of governmental committees.
- Knight First Class of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav
- St. Hallvard Medal
- Papal Order
- Grand Duchy of Luxembourg
- Torstein Dale Memorial Prize (Norwegian Red Cross)
- Rotary International's Paul Harris Fellow Award
- Maria Giæver: Fransiskushjelpen: Help, relieve, be present. Holm & Tangen Publishing, 2006.