Golden in 2017
|No. 10 – Arizona Cardinals|
July 20, 1988 |
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Weight:||186 lb (84 kg)|
|High school:||Denver City (TX)|
|College:||West Texas A&M|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics as of 2017|
Brittan Golden (born July 20, 1988) is an American football wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at West Texas A&M. After going undrafted after the 2012 NFL Draft, he was signed by the Chicago Bears. He also spent time with the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Chicago Bears (first stint)
He signed with the Chicago Bears on April 29, 2012. In the final preseason game against the Cleveland Browns, Golden returned a blocked punt 22 yards for a touchdown. However, he was waived on August 31.
He was signed to the Jacksonville Jaguars' practice squad on December 18, 2012.
Chicago Bears (second stint)
Golden was signed to the Arizona Cardinals' practice squad on September 17, 2013. Later the same season Golden was promoted 53 man roster. The Cardinals released Golden on August 30, 2014. He was signed back to the active roster on December 16, 2014.
On September 3, 2016, Golden was released by the Cardinals and was signed to the practice squad the next day. He was promoted to the active roster on October 4, 2016. He caught his first career touchdown in Week 14 on a 9-yard pass from Carson Palmer. He played in 12 games with one start in 2016, recording eight receptions for 82 yards and one touchdown.
Golden played in 13 games in 2017, recording five receptions for 70 yards. He suffered a broken arm in Week 15 and was placed on injured reserve on December 18, 2017.
- "Brittan Golden: Q&A with Chicago Bears Undrafted Rookie Brittan Golden". Bleacher Report. 2012-05-04. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- Mayer, Larry (2012-08-30). "Starters sit, Bears win final preseason game". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-15.
- Mayer, Larry. "Bears reach 53-man roster limit". Chicagobears.com. Retrieved 2012-09-01.
- "Bears ink deal with Golden". Chicago Tribune. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-01-04.
- Mayer, Larry (2013-08-30). "Bears cut 17 players, still have five to go". Chicago Bears. Retrieved 2013-08-30.
- Cardinals Cut To 53
- Urban, Darren. "Final Cuts Take Cardinals to 53". AZCardinals.com.
- Urban, Darren. "Cardinals Building Practice Squad". AZCardinals.com.
- Urban, Darren (October 4, 2016). "Chris Johnson, Tyvon Branch To IR; Butler Cut". AZCardinals.com.
- "Among injuries, Cardinals lose Golden to broken arm in loss vs. Redskins". ArizonaSports.com. December 18, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Brittan Golden.|