Broken Side of Time
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Broken Side of Time|
|Studio album by|
|Released||September 21, 2009 (UK)|
January 19, 2010 (US)
|Genre||Indie rock, alternative country, blues rock|
|Label||Ark Recordings (UK)|
ATO Records (US)
|Alberta Cross chronology|
|Singles from Broken Side of Time|
|Drowned In Sound||(6/10)|
|The Music Fix||(9/10)|
|the WILD honey pie||(8.4/10)|
Broken Side of Time is the debut full-length album from the rock band Alberta Cross.
All tracks written by Petter Ericson Stakee except where noted.
|1.||"Song Three Blues"||3:18|
|4.||"Old Man Chicago"||3:08|
|5.||"Broken Side of Time"||5:15|
|6.||"Rise from the Shadows"||Sam Kearney, Petter Eriksson Stakee||6:50|
|7.||"City Walls"||Kearney, Stakee||3:37|
|8.||"The Thief & the Heartbreaker"||4:41|
|9.||"Leave Us and Forgive Us"||3:22|
|10.||"Ghost of City Life"||5:19|
- "...A British take on Southern rock… the seismic guitars and high vocals look to My Morning Jacket, Kings of Leon and Crazy Horse… but Alberta Cross sets aside those American bands' redemptive undercurrents of blues and gospel; instead it plunges into the very English despair of bands like Pink Floyd." – The New York Times
- "…Familiar and refreshing... Alberta Cross has taken incredible strides to earn global recognition." – NPR
- "Combining wind tunnels of bent guitar riffs and distorted power chords with the haunting melodies of rural American music. It's all topped by Ericson Stakee's sweet, high-lonesome voice, which recalls both Jim James and Neil Young." – Rolling Stone
- "…Fog-clearing pipes nod to MMJ's Jim James, and whose South-of-the-Mason-Dixon guitar chops recall the Followill Bros." – Spin
- "…An intoxicating mix of apocalyptic riffs, sob – worthy singalongs and brooding blues." (8 out of 10) – NME
- "…As electrically dark as it is electrifyingly determined… these ten songs have a kind of will of their own to reach our eardrums and come out the other side as goose bumps." – Esquire
- "…A hard-hitting, rock-driven affair, with folk and soul undertones." – BlackBook
- "There is an expansive, widescreen nature to Alberta Cross' music that that conjures equal parts intimacy and elevation." - Kerrang!
- Brown, Paul (2009-09-25). Alberta Cross - Broken Side of Time / Releases / Review. Drownedinsound.com.
- Arico, Natasha (2009-09-21) Alberta Cross - Broken Side Of Time - Clash Music Latest Album Review. Clashmusic.com.
- Bryant, Tom. Kerrang! #1282, October 10, 2009. Album reviews. "Ominous Country Rock From New York, Via Sweden and London". p. 49
- Pia, Camilla (2009-09-27). Album review: Alberta Cross - 'The Broken Side Of Time'. NME.com.
- Belton, Greg (2009-09-21). Alberta Cross: Broken Side Of Time Album Review. Themusicfix.co.uk.
- Weiner, Eric (2010-08-12). Alberta Cross: Broken Side Of Time Album Review. thewildhoneypie.com.