Bruce Edward Wampold
|Alma mater||University of Washington, University of Hawaiʻi, University of California, Santa Barbara|
|Known for||Research into psychotherapy|
|Awards||2007 Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research Award from the American Psychological Association|
|Institutions||University of University of Wisconsin–Madison|
|Thesis||The relationship between the cognitive organization and the classroom behavior of elementary school children (1981)|
|Doctoral advisor||Donald R. Atkinson|
Bruce E. Wampold (born November 25, 1948) is Emeritus Professor of Counseling Psychology at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. and Director of the Research Institute at Modum Bad Psychiatric Center, Vikersund, Norway.
Wampold received his B.A. in mathematics from the University of Washington, his M.Ed. in educational psychology from the University of Hawaiʻi, and his Ph.D. in counseling psychology from the University of California, Santa Barbara. He is a licensed psychologist and Board Certified by the American Board of Professional Psychology and has an Honorary Doctorate from Stockholm University.
Work in psychotherapy
Wampold is known for developing the contextual model of psychotherapy, which constitutes an alternative to the prevailing theory of the effectiveness of psychotherapy, known as the medical model.
Awards and honors
- Fellow of the American Psychological Association,
- Award for Distinguished Professional Contributions to Applied Research from the American Psychological Association
- Distinguished Research Career Award, Society for Psychotherapy Research.
- Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation Named Professor
- ^ a b c Leong, Frederick T. (2008). Encyclopedia of Counseling. Sage Publications. p. 937. ISBN 9781452265957.
- ^ a b c "Bruce Wampold". University of Wisconsin. Archived from the original on 26 June 2015. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- ^ "How Psychotherapy Works". American Psychological Association. 22 December 2009. Retrieved 23 May 2015.
- Bruce Wampold publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Living people
- 1948 births
- 20th-century American psychologists
- 21st-century American psychologists
- University of Wisconsin–Madison faculty
- People from Olympia, Washington
- American psychotherapists
- University of Washington College of Arts and Sciences alumni
- University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa alumni
- University of California, Santa Barbara alumni
- Fellows of the American Psychological Association