This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bruno Vanryb is a French entrepreneur born in 1957. He is the founder and former CEO of Avanquest, a worldwide software company. He heads now Be Brave, a consultancy firm.
Bruno Vanryb is a former sound engineer and tech journalist (SVM, Micro- systems and Micro Soft particular), author of twelve books on micro-computer.
In 1984, he cofounded with Roger Politis, BVRP, which became Avanquest, a leading software publishers in France and around the world. In January 2014, it counted 530 employees in 7 countries. One of the flagship products of the company was a fax software named WinFax. He was CEO, then Executive Chairman of Avanquest until June 2015.
He is also very active in the French digital and innovation ecosystem. Bruno Vanryb participated with Denis Payre in the foundation of an association called Croissance Plus, which supports and ensures awareness of growing companies in France, association he chaired between 1998 and 2000. From 2002 to 2005 Bruno Vanryb was President of Middlenext, an association whose members are medium-sized companies, listed on Euronext, Paris stock exchange. On July 2007, Bruno Vanryb was appointed to the Board of Directors of Euronext Paris till 2014. From 2010 to 2015, Bruno Vanryb is also vice-president of Syntec Numérique, which represents 1,100 member companies and groups, among them 50% are software companies. Between April 2011 and July 2012, he was also a member and vice-president of the Conseil National du Numérique, a consultative group created by French president Nicolas Sarkozy to advise him on digital issues.
Since 2016, Bruno Vanryb joined the m&a boutique Avolta Partners as Senior Partner.
Notes and references
- Bloomberg, http://www.bloomberg.com/profiles/people/2113773-bruno-vanryb
- Martin, Mitchell (1993-11-22). "French Entrepreneurs Cash In on Fax Modems". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- Hutheesing, Nikhil (2007-09-14). "Avanquest Inside". Forbes. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "Avanquest Software Video Q&A: CEO Bruno Vanryb comments on 2010/2011 annual earnings - Avanquest Software - EuroBusiness Media". EuroBusiness Media. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- "The Board - Middlenext". www.middlenext.com. Retrieved 2016-03-15.
- Official website (French)