Bubbling Over (film)
|Directed by||Leigh Jason|
|Produced by||Meyer Davis (associate producer)
Monroe Shaff (producer)
|Written by||Burnet Hershey (writer)|
|Distributed by||RKO Radio Pictures|
|20 minutes (USA)|
Samson Peabody is the janitor in an apartment building where he and his wife Ethel live with a large crowd of Samson's freeloading relatives. When more relatives come to stay, Ethel throws them out. A scheming occupant of the building reads Samson's mail and poses as a clairvoyant prediciting the events of the letter; the arrival of Samson's rich Uncle for dinner. However, the Uncle is a penniless lunatic (imagining himself to be The Emperor Jones) and a pickpocket. He steals the chicken of the dinner, several watches of the guests, the clairvoyant's crystal ball and in the final scene, all the clothes of the people in the room.
- Ethel Waters as Ethel Peabody
- Southernaires Quartet as Some Relatives
- Hamtree Harrington as Presbee Peabody
- Frank L. Wilson as Swami River
- Ethel Waters - "Taking Your Time"
- Southernaires Quartet - "Hang Your Hat in a Harlem Flat"
- Ethel Waters - "Darkies Never Dream"
- Southernaires Quartet - "Company's Coming Tonight"
- Bubbling Over on IMDb
- The short film Bubbling Over is available for free download at the Internet Archive
|This article about a musical comedy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|