This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
|Products||Human resource consulting and outsourcing|
Number of employees
Buck Consultants remained an independent organization until 1997 when it was acquired by Mellon Financial. The Buck Consultants brand name was scrapped in late 2003 when Mellon unified various business lines under the name Mellon Human Resource & Investor Solutions. Affiliated Computer Services (ACS) acquired Mellon's human resource businesses in 2005 and reintroduced the Buck Consultants brand. In 2010, Xerox acquired ACS for $6.4 billion. Buck Consultants was later rebranded as "Buck Consultants at Xerox".
In May 2018, Conduent announced that it would sell the Buck Consultants portion of its business to H.I.G. Capital, starting the clock on a 90-day transition period in which it hoped to complete the sale. Immediately after the close of the deal on August 13, the business became known as Buck.
- "About Buck History". Buck Consultants. Archived from the original on January 17, 2012. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Massey, Steve (December 31, 1996). "Mellon Buys Buck Consultants". Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Avery, Helen (October 2, 2003). "Buck Consultants change name in Mellon rebranding". Investment & Pensions Europe. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- "ACS Acquires Mellon HR&IS" (Press release). Mellon. March 25, 2005. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Dunning, Matt (July 15, 2014). "Buck Consultants renames to reflect Xerox brand unity". Business Insurance. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Paterson, Jennifer (January 4, 2017). "Xerox splits off HR business, Buck Consultants becomes Conduent". Benefits Canada. Retrieved April 13, 2017.
- Comtois, James (May 1, 2018). "Conduent sells former Buck Consultants business to H.I.G. Capital". Pensions & Investments. Retrieved May 9, 2018.
- Stapleton, Jonathan (August 14, 2018). "Buck name revived as Conduent completes sale of HR consulting arm to H.I.G. Capital". Professional Pensions. Retrieved August 14, 2018.