Burn (American band)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Burn is a New York hardcore band formed in 1989.
Burn released its first recording, a self-titled EP on Revelation Records in 1990. In 1992, the band separated, with vocalist Chaka Malik forming Orange 9mm, guitarist Gavin Van Vlack participating in Pry, Die 116, and The Big Collapse, and drummer Alan Cage in Quicksand. The band never officially disbanded, and after a stint of live performances, Burn was restarted with the addition of guitarist Vic DiCara (from 108 and Inside Out) and bassist Manny Carrero (from Glassjaw). In late 2001, Burn released a new EP on Equal Vision Records, Cleanse. In 2002, the band released a previously unreleased recording from 1992 on Revelation Records entitled, Last Great Sea, due to fans seeking out the tunes which had been circulating among fans from a demo.
In April 2016 the band announced their 4th release, From the Ashes.
- Burn, 1990
- Cleanse, 2001
- Last Great Sea, 2002
- From the Ashes, 2016
- Do or Die, 2017
- Morgan, Bob (May 25, 2012). "Burn – Self Titled", Scene Point Blank. Retrieved July 10, 2012.
- Jenkins, Sacha (August 1996). "Next: Orange 9mm, Suicidal Tendencies", Vibe 4 (6): 64.
- McLennan, Scott (August 1, 1993). "Quicksand appearing at the Wallace Civic Center", Telegram & Gazette, p. 9.
- Jaschke, Magnus (August 2001). "Interview: Burn", Creative Eclipse. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Sharpe-Young, Garry (2005). New Wave of American Heavy Metal. Zonda Books. p. 2. ISBN 0958268401
- Morgan, Bob (June 8, 2012). "Burn – Last Great Sea", Scene Point Blank. Retrieved July 9, 2012.
- Findlay, Prentiss (March 28, 2002). "'All Time Greatest Hits' is worth its weight in Cash", The Post and Courier, p. F24.
- Noisey (April 11, 2016). "Burn Premiere Ferocious EP 'From the Ashes,' the Hardcore Band's First New Music Since 2001"
|This article on a United States punk rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|