|Full name||Burton Kenvin Francis|
|Date of birth||2 January 1987|
|Place of birth||Paarl, South Africa|
|Height||1.84 m (6 ft 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (187 lb; 13 st 5 lb)|
|School||Klein Nederburg Secondary|
|Rugby union career|
At youth level, he represented Boland Cavaliers at the 2004 Under-18 Academy Week. He moved to the Leopards in 2005 and played for them in the 2005 Under-18 Craven Week tournament, which also led to his inclusion in the S.A. Schools B team. He also represented the Leopards in the Under-19 Provincial Championship tournament.
In 2006, he joined the Blue Bulls and played for them at Under-19 and Under-21 level.
Blue Bulls / Bulls
He made his first class debut for the Blue Bulls in the 2008 Vodacom Cup match against the Mighty Elephants. Only two months later, he made his Super Rugby debut for the Bulls in their match against the Brumbies. He made several appearances for them in the Vodacom Cup and Currie Cup competitions in 2008 and 2009.
Golden Lions / Lions
In 2010, he moved across the Jukskei River to join the Golden Lions, representing them in both domestic competitions over the next two seasons, as well as making twelve appearances for the Lions in Super Rugby.
Western Province / Stormers
He joined Western Province in 2012 and was named 14 times in Super Rugby squads for the Stormers, but only made six appearances. He also only made one solitary appearance for Western Province in the 2012 Currie Cup Premier Division.
He joined the SWD Eagles on loan for the 2012 Currie Cup First Division season and was also named in the Southern Kings squad for the 2013 Super Rugby season, but was released after failing a medical test following a shoulder injury
Griquas / Cheetahs
His journey of South African teams continued when he joined Griquas for the 2013 Vodacom Cup season. Following an injury to Elgar Watts, he was included in the Cheetahs' Super Rugby squad. and never actually made a competitive appearance for Griquas.
- "SA Rugby Player Profile – Burton Francis". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 30 May 2016.
- Stormers profile[permanent dead link]
- itsrugby.co.uk profile
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – BA Mighty Elephants 33-35 Vodacom Blue Bulls". South African Rugby Union. 8 March 2008. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "SA Rugby Match Centre – Vodacom Bulls 28-17 Brumbies". South African Rugby Union. 9 May 2008. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- "Injuries blow for WP". The Witness. 29 September 2012. Retrieved 2 October 2012.
- Norman Silke (3 January 2013). "SWD se Burton Francis 'gepos' uit franchise". Die Son (in Afrikaans). Media24. Retrieved 4 January 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Karstens, Gerdie (9 January 2013). "Burton Francis: Kings se verlies is Griekwas se wins". Beeld (in Afrikaans). Media24. Retrieved 9 January 2013.
- "Francis to join Cheetahs in NZ". Sport24. Sport24. 27 February 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "Burton Francis off to France". Sport24. 31 May 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2013.