|Full name||Cédric Baseya|
|Date of birth||19 December 1987|
|Place of birth||Brétigny-sur-Orge, France|
|Height||1.95 m (6 ft 5 in)|
|2007||→ Crewe Alexandra (loan)||3||(0)|
|2009–2010||→ Le Havre (loan)||19||(0)|
|2011||→ Barnet (loan)||2||(0)|
|2007||Democratic Republic of the Congo U-20||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15 December 2013 (UTC).
He made his Southampton debut as a last minute substitute against Ipswich Town on 1 March 2008 but didn't touch the ball in the short time he was on the pitch. Baseya moved to Lille on a Bosman on 2 July 2008, and was loaned out on 10 August 2009 to Le Havre AC.
On 21 September 2011, Baseya signed a 12-month contract with Reading. On 24 November 2011, he was loaned out on a short term deal to League Two side Barnet, making his debut on 25 November in a 2–1 home win against Macclesfield Town when he came on as a second-half substitute for Mark Marshall. At the end of the season, 2 May 2012, Baseya was released by Reading.
In November 2013 Baseya joined Bulgarian A PFG side PFC Lokomotiv Sofia on a two-year contract. Baseya scored on his Lokomotiv debut, coming on as a 57th-minute substitute and scoring in the 69th minute, in a 2-1 defeat against Chernomorets Burgas. Baseya made his first start for Lokomotiv in their next game, a 2-0 away win over Slavia Sofia in which he scored the first goal, in the second leg of the second round of the Bulgarian Cup. Baseya played for Monza in 2015.
Although born in France, he qualifies to play for the Democratic Republic of Congo via his parents. He was called up for their full international side but the game was cancelled and he has since represented them at Under 20 level in a 2–1 defeat by Argentina.
- "Football: Wrexham starlets impress". Daily Post. 21 December 2005.
- www.soccerbase.com – The Internet Soccer Database
- Cedric Grew In Confidence Archived 2012-06-30 at Archive.is, crewealex.net
- "Five players to leave Southampton". BBC Sport. 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2008-07-02.
- Alexandre Bonnet et Cédric Baseya arrivent au HAC Archived 2009-08-14 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Royals seal Baseya deal". Reading FC. 21 September 2011. Archived from the original on 24 September 2011. Retrieved 21 September 2011.
- "Barnet sign Cedric Baseya on loan from Reading". BBC sport. Retrieved 24 November 2011.
- "Barnet 2 - 1 Macclesfield". BBC Sport. Retrieved 26 November 2011.
- "Royals aim to extend ten contracts". Reading F.C. Archived from the original on 20 June 2012. Retrieved 2 May 2012.
- "LOKOMOTIV SOFIA: BASEYA FOR TWO YEARS" (in French). http://www.footafrica365.fr/. Retrieved 20 November 2013. External link in
- "Chernomorets Burgas 2-1 Lokomotiv Sofia". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- "Slavia Sofia 0-2 Lokomotiv Sofia". Soccerway. Retrieved 20 November 2013.