This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Gortner in 2015.
|Official author website|
His novels are translated in over 25 languages. The Queen’s Vow was an international bestseller in Poland. Mademoiselle Chanel was a USA Today bestseller, an American Booksellers Association bestseller, and both The Last Queen and Marlene were Marin Independent Journal bestsellers. He was named one of the top ten historical novelists by The Washington Independent Review of Books and has delivered keynote speeches as a Guest of Honor at the Historical Novel Society Conferences in the United States and the United Kingdom. For ten years before he was published and became a full-time writer, he was a public health administrative analyst. Previously, he worked as a fashion executive.
Gortner was raised in Málaga, Spain and is half-Spanish by birth. His family moved back to the US when he was in his teens. He holds a Bachelor of Arts in Marketing the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in San Francisco and Masters of Fine Arts in Writing with a concentration in Renaissance Studies from the New College of California. He lives in Northern California.
- The Last Queen: A Novel Ballantine Books, ISBN 978-0345501844, (2006)
- The Confessions of Catherine De Medici: A Novel Ballantine Books, ISBN 978-0345501868, (2010)
- The Queen's Vow: A Novel of Isabella of Castile Ballantine Books, ISBN 978-0345523969, (2012)
- Mademoiselle Chanel: A Novel William Morrow and Company, ISBN 978-0062356406, (2015)
- The Vatican Princess: A Novel of Lucrezia Borgia Ballantine Books, ISBN 9780-345523969 (2016)
- Marlene: A Novel of Marlene Dietrich William Morrow and Company ISBN 00624-0606X (2016)
- The Romanov Empress: A Novel of Tsarina Maria Feodorovna Ballantine Books ISBN 00624-0606X (2018)
The Elizabeth I Spymaster Chronicles
- The Tudor Secret St. Martin's Press, ISBN 978-0-312-60390-8, (2011)
- The Tudor Conspiracy St. Martin's Press, ISBN 978-1-250-04277-4, (2013)
- The Tudor Vendetta St. Martin's Press, ISBN 978-1-250-05853-9 (2014)
- "The Last Queen book review". publishersweekly.com. Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "The Confessions of Catherine de Medici". publishersweekly.com. Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "The Tudor Secret". publishersweekly.com. Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "A Chat with Author Christopher Gortner". blogtalkradio.com. Blog Talk Radio. Retrieved 10 November 2014.