C. F. Hamilton
As a journalist, Hamilton first worked for The Toronto World, and from 1899-1902, at the Toronto Globe, where he covered the Boer War and "scooped" coverage of the Battle of Paardeberg. He later worked at the Toronto News.
Following the war, in 1919, he returned to the Royal North-West Mounted Police, where he was made intelligence liaison, and became the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's first intelligence officer. There he penned influential reports on naval policy and voiced concern about a military threat from Japan in the 1920s. He served in that capacity at the RCMP until his death in 1933.
- "Colonel C. F. Hamilton is Dead in Ottawa". Montreal Gazette. December 6, 1933. p. 5. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- "Noted Police-Writer Veteran Passed Away". Calgary Daily Herald. December 6, 1933. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Kinsman, Gary William; Buse, Dieter K.; Steedman, Mercedes (2000-10-30). Whose National Security?: Canadian State Surveillance and the Creation of Enemies. Between The Lines. pp. 21–. ISBN 9781896357256. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Wood, James A. (2010-03-15). Militia Myths: Ideas of the Canadian Citizen Soldier, 1896-1921. UBC Press. pp. 287–. ISBN 9780774817653. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Hadley, Michael L.; Sarty, Roger (1991-01-01). Tin-Pots and Pirate Ships: Canadian Naval Forces and German Sea Raiders 1880-1918. McGill-Queen's Press - MQUP. pp. 24–. ISBN 9780773507784. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Christie, Nancy; Gauvreau, Michael (2001-03-01). A Full-Orbed Christianity: The Protestant Churches and Social Welfare in Canada, 1900-1940. McGill-Queen's Press - MQUP. pp. 32–. ISBN 9780773522404. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Baker, William M. (1998). The Mounted Police & Prairie Society 1873-1919. CPRC Press. pp. 361–. ISBN 9780889771031. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Keshen, Jeff (1996). Propaganda and Censorship During Canada's Great War. University of Alberta. pp. 72–. ISBN 9780888642790. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- The Institute Bulletin. Professional Institute of the Civil Service of Canada. 1926. p. 19.
- Donaghy, Greg (2008). Contradictory Impulses: Canada and Japan in the Twentieth Century. UBC Press. pp. 69–. ISBN 9780774814430. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Whitaker, Reg; Kealey, Gregory S.; Parnaby, Andrew (2012-09-14). Secret Service: Political Policing in Canada From the Fenians to Fortress America. University of Toronto Press. pp. 171–. ISBN 9781442662384. Retrieved 20 December 2012.
- Wark, Wesley K. (2012-12-06). Espionage: Past Present and Future?. Psychology Press. pp. 133–. ISBN 9780714645155. Retrieved 20 December 2012.