CHUNK 666 (or C.H.U.N.K. 666, C.H.V.N.K. DCLXVI) is a tall bike and chopper bicycle club based in Portland, Oregon and Brooklyn, New York. They are well known and popular in the underground bike culture.
The activities of CHUNK 666 include building tall bikes, riding said bikes at events like Critical Mass, making zines and organizing the Chunkathalon, which is an annual festival. The bicycles are home-made using salvaged bicycle parts and a variety of methods, including welding; they are described as "bikes that have 9-foot (2.7 m)-long forks and are built to come apart after 3½ miles, or are 9 feet (2.7 m) tall, or lean back so far that it doesn't look sane - let alone safe - to ride".
- Hansen, Mykle (June 8, 2000). "Hell on Wheels". The Portland Mercury. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
- Carlsson, Chris (2002). Critical Mass: Bicycling's Defiant Celebration. AK Press. p. 208. ISBN 1-902593-59-6.
- "Bike Summer Calendar". BikesSummer.org. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
- Tucker, Karen Iris (March 14, 2006). "Mutant Bike Gangs of New York". Village Voice.
- Maurer, Daniel (August 2003). "The Chunkathalon". Free WIlliamsburg. Retrieved 2007-07-08.
|This article about a cycling-related organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|