CBZ Bank Limited
chief executive officer
|Products||Loans, Savings, Checking, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Mortgages|
|Revenue||Aftertax:US$45 million (2012)|
|Total assets||US$1.223 billion (2012)|
Number of employees
As of December 2012[update], the bank was the largest financial services provider in Zimbabwe, ahead of FBC Bank, Barclays Bank Zimbabwe, Stanbic Bank Zimbabwe and Standard Chartered Zimbabwe. At that time, CBZ Bank's total assets were valued at over US$1.22 billion with shareholders' equity of approximately US$160.7 million.
The bank was founded in 1980 as the Bank of Credit and Commerce Zimbabwe Limited (BCCZL). In 1991, BCCZL ran into financial difficulty and faced liquidation. The Government of Zimbabwe acquired 100% shareholding in the bank to avert closure of the institution. Following takeover by the government, the bank was renamed Commercial Bank of Zimbabwe Limited. In 2004, bank was re-organized and renamed CBZ Bank Limited. CBZ Bank Limited became a subsidiary of CBZ Holdings Limited, whose shares are traded on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange.
According to the website of CBZ Bank, the major shareholders in the stock of the bank include the following, as of December 2012: In August 2013, Zimbabwean press reports indicated that CBZ Holdings Limited was in the process of selling 10% shareholdings to other entities to raise working capital.
|Shareholding in CBZ Bank Limited|
CBZ Bank maintains a network of branches of more than 60 locations
- Key People At CBZ Bank Limited
- Audited December 2012 Financial Report
- List of Licensed Commercial Banks In Zimbabwe Archived 17 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Zimbabwe: Big Banks Get Lifeline". Financial Gazette (Harare). 2010-11-01. Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- Ndlela, Dumisani (2010-09-10). "Zimbabwe: CBZ Bank Rules the Roost". Financial Gazette (Harare). Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- December 2012 Financial Data
- History Of CBZ Bank
- Shareholding in CBZ Bank
- Nyakazeya, Paul (2013-08-16). "Zimbabwe: CBZ Finds New Investors". Financial Gazette (Harare). Retrieved 2017-09-06.
- CBZ Top 50 Shareholders
- Branches of CBZ Bank