|Public: ZSE: INTERFIN|
|Products||Loans, Savings, Checking, Investments, Debit Cards, Credit Cards, Mortgages|
The bank was founded in 2006, as a 100% subsidiary of CFX Financial Services Limited, its holding company, whose shares trade on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange. The bank has two (2) affiliated companies: (a) CFX Asset Management and (b) CFX Merchant Bank, both of which are also 100% owned by the holding company. In 2009, as a result of changes in Zimbabwean banking laws, Interfin Holdings Limited, acquired a controlling interest in CFX Financial Services. Subsequently, the holding company was renamed Interfin Financial Services Limited, to reflect the new ownership. The trading symbol for the new bank holding company is: INTERFIN. The Government of Zimbabwe has given formal approval of the takeover of CFX Bank by Interfin. The Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe has also signaled its approval of the merger of the two institutions.
CFX Bank was a publicly traded company. The shares of stock of its holding company, Interfin Financial Services Limited are listed on the Zimbabwe Stock Exchange, where they trade under the symbol: INTERFIN. An ownership dispute exists, with the former director of ENG Capital Group claiming that assets were illegally acquired by CFX Bank
The five largest shareholders of record in INTERFIN and thus CFX Bank are:
|Rank||Name of owner||Percentage ownership|
|1||Interfin Holdings Limited||32.41|
|2||Savanna Tobacco Limited||19.10|
|3||National Social Security Authority of Zimbabwe||17.31|
|4||Msasa Nominees (Pty) Limited||06.00|
- Interfin Bank
- List of banks in Zimbabwe
- Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe Stock Exchange
- Economy of Zimbabwe
- Zimbabwe: Return of Banks Will Lead to Dog Fight - Tetrad
- About CFX Bank Archived 2011-07-09 at the Wayback Machine.
- Interfin Acquires Controlling Stake in CFX
- Government Approves CFX's Takeover By Interfin
- Interfin CFX Union Approved
- Interfin Financial Services Trades Under Symbol: INTERFIN Archived 2010-12-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Ex-ENG director seeks de-specification". NewsDay. 2011-01-04.
- Shareholding In Interfin Financial Services