|Original author(s)||Open Knowledge International|
2.6.2 / 5 April 2017
The Comprehensive Knowledge Archive Network (CKAN) is a web-based open source management system for the storage and distribution of open data. Being initially inspired by the package management capabilities of Linux, CKAN has developed into a powerful data catalogue system that is mainly used by public institutions seeking to share their data with the general public.
CKAN's codebase is maintained by Open Knowledge International. The system is used both as a public platform on Datahub and in various government data catalogues, such as the UK's data.gov.uk, the Dutch National Data Register, the United States government's Data.gov and the Australian government's "Gov 2.0". The state government of South Australia also makes government data freely available to the public on the CKAN platform.
Similar projects and alternatives
- "New CKAN patch releases now available". 5 April 2017.
- Rufus Pollock, Daniel Dietrich (2009-12-28). "CKAN: apt-get for the Debian of Data". 26th Chaos Communication Congress. Retrieved 15 February 2011.
- About Datahub
- About data.gov.uk
- "Data.gov Launches New Catalog and APIs". 2013-05-22.
- "New data.gov.au – now live on CKAN". 2013-07-17.
- SA Government data now freely available
- About CKAN at ckan.org
- Official website
- Datahub – the canonical installation of CKAN
- Open Knowledge International
- South Australian Government Data Directory
|This Web-software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|