This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Motto||To make evangelical literature available to all nations|
|Formation||November 1, 1941|
|Purpose||Christian literature distribution|
|Headquarters||Sheffield, United Kingdom|
CLC International is an International Christian Literature mission committed to the distribution of the Bible, Christian books and a variety of Christian media. CLC is short for "Christian Literature Crusade". CLC works in 57 countries and has more than 700 workers worldwide. It is represented by more than 180 bookshops, 18 distribution warehouses and 18 publishing houses.
CLC was founded in 1941 in Colchester, England by Ken and Bessie Adams as “The Evangelical Publishing House”. This publishing house worked actively even through the difficulties of the Second World War. Early on they aligned themselves with WEC International and its Secretary Norman Grubb. In 1944 the first departments appeared out of England: in Australia and Canada; next non-English CLC bookshops were founded in the United States and Dominica in 1947. After that, the opening of new bookshops and Christian publishing houses took place almost every year. As of 2017[update] CLC International is established in 57 countries. It is represented by more than 180 bookshops, 18 distribution warehouses and 18 publishing houses.
The headquarters of CLC International are situated in Sheffield, United Kingdom. Gerardo Scalante from Uruguay was elected as the new International Director in 2016, succeeding Neil Wardrope, who had served in the position for the previous 12 years. The CLC work in each country is set up independently. While CLC departments are united by common vision, goals and International Constitution, they are independent in the realization of the declared goals.
- "Who are we - About CLC". CLC International. Retrieved July 22, 2017.
- Daniel G. Reid, Robert D. Linder, Bruce Shelley, Harry S. Stout, Craig A. Noll, Concise Dictionary of Christianity in America, Wipf and Stock Publishers, USA, 2002, p. 76
- George Thomas Kurian, Mark A. Lamport, Encyclopedia of Christianity in the United States, Volume 5, Rowman & Littlefield, USA, 2016, p. 489
- CLC International - List of CLC Countries
- "CLC Appoint New International Director". CLC. August 30, 2016. Retrieved July 22, 2017.