COMPLEAT (Bioinformatics tool)
Protein Complex Enrichment Analysis Tool is an online bioinformatics tool used to analyze high-throughput datasets (or small-scale datasets) using protein complex enrichment analysis. The tool uses a protein complex resource as the back end annotation data instead of conventional gene ontology- or pathway-based annotations. The tool incorporates several useful features in order to provide a comprehensive data-mining environment, including network-based visualization and interactive querying options.
COMPLEAT has been successfully applied to identify:
- Dynamic protein complexes regulated by insulin and epidermal growth factors signaling, including a role of Brahma complex in the cellular response to insulin.
- Evolutionarily conserved molecular complexes that regulate nucleolar size when the complex constituents were targeted by RNA interference.
- Novel role of endocytosis and vesicle trafficking complexes in Hippo Signaling Pathway.
- Vinayagam, A; Hu, Y; Kulkarni, M; Roesel, C; Sopko, R; Mohr, SE; Perrimon, N (Feb 26, 2013). "Protein complex-based analysis framework for high-throughput data sets.". Science signaling. 6 (264): rs5. doi:10.1126/scisignal.2003629. PMC . PMID 23443684.
- Neumüller, R.A; Gross, T; Samsonova, A; Vinayagam, A; Buckner, M; Founk, K; Hu, Y; Sharifpoor, S; Rosebrock, AP; Andrews, B; Winston, F; Perrimon, N (Aug 20, 2013). "Conserved Regulators of Nucleolar Size Revealed by Global Phenotypic Analyses.". Science signaling. 6 (289): ra70. doi:10.1126/scisignal.2004145. PMC . PMID 23962978.
- Kwon, Y; Vinayagam, A; Sun, X; Dephoure, N; Gygi,S.P; Hong, P; Perrimon, N (2013). "The Hippo Signaling Pathway Interactome.". Science. 342 (6159): 737–40. doi:10.1126/science.1243971. PMC . PMID 24114784.