CVS Business Rates
|Headquarters||Oakland House |
Number of employees
Commercial Valuers and Surveyors (CVS) provides business rent and rates services to occupiers of commercial property in the United Kingdom. CVS has a team of business rates surveyors who are experienced at successfully lodging business rates appeals at the Valuation Office Agency. The firm is headquartered in Manchester, and has offices in Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, City of London and Bristol.
The company was founded in 1999 and is directed by Mark Rigby, the current CEO . The firm has over 275  staff and a national network of chartered surveyors. CVS’ principle areas of practice include advice  and commentary on commercial property valuation, property tax and services.
- ’Highly commended’ for Estates Gazette’s National Property Advisor of the Year 2014 
- Ranked in the top 20 firms in the Property Week Agency Survey, 2014
- 'Finalist' for Estates Gazette's National Advisor of the Year 2015
- 'Finalist' for Property Week's 'Professional Agency Team of the Year' at the 2016 Property Awards
- 'Finalist' for Estates Gazette's Specialist Adviser of the Year 2017
The company currently operates from the following offices:
- Oakland House, Talbot Road, Manchester
- Woolgate Exchange, 25 Basinghall Street, London
- Bull Wharf, Redcliff Street, Bristol
- Bourke, Joanna. "London firms win £50 million off rates bills for losses caused by Crossrail work (26 October 2015)". standard.co.uk. London Evening Standard. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- Nicholls, Luke. "La Tasca and Soho House appoint CVS to carry out business rates appeals ahead of huge hikes (9 December 2011)". bighospitality.co.uk. Big Hospitality. Retrieved 16 November 2015.
- "CVS Chooses Bristol for Third Office". Manchester Evening News.
- "This secret and scandalous business rates shake up will cost small firms millions". Telegraph.
- "Business rates reform needed, says MP". BBC.
- "CVS Boosts Staff Numbers". Manchester Evening News.
- "CVS announces flurry of promotions". Costar.
- "Kate in Parliament". KateGreen.org.
- "Chancellors business rate cap unravels in small print". Independent.
- "CVS urges chancellor to invest in business rates". Property Week.
- "Reduce our rates - Retailers bust waiting review". ThisisMoney.
- "CVS says firms owed millions". Examiner.
- "EG Awards 2014 The Winners". EGI.
- "Agency 2014 Growth Forecast". Property Week.
- "Estates Gazette Awards 2015". www.egawardsevent.co.uk. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "Shortlist 2016 » Property Awards 2016". Property Awards 2016. Retrieved 2016-09-01.
- "EG Awards 2017 The Shortlist". EGI.