This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|A wholly owned subsidiary of Imerys (SBF 120)|
Number of employees
Calderys, a subsidiary of Imerys, is a multinational company specialized in producing heat resistant monolithic refractory products. Calderys is headquartered at Issy-Les-Moulineaux on the outskirts of Paris, with over 2,000 employees and 18 plants in more than 30 countries.
William A.L. Schaefer, in 1914, developed the first monolithic refractory and created the Pliable Firebrick Company, which is also known as Plibrico.
Calderys was formed in 2005 by the merger of Plibrico International & Lafarge Refractories. Calderys expanded in Asia by acquiring ACE Refractories in India in 2007. Later next year in 2008, Svenska Silikaverken AB, a monolithic company active in Sweden, Norway and Finland, was acquired by Calderys, as well as Valöns, an important quartzite source in Åmål, Sweden. In early 2013, Calderys acquired Arefcon b.v., a refractory installation company based in the Netherlands, in order to reinforce the company's ability to deliver turn-key projects for the petrochemical industry. The company continued its expansion in Asia in 2013 by signing a joint venture agreement with PT Indoporlen, an Indonesian refractory manufacturer and service provider, as well as by acquiring Tokai Ceramics, a Japanese refractory producer. This acquisition marks the first time that Calderys has had local production in Japan. In the first quarter of 2014, Calderys acquired Termorak Group in Finland, a company that specialises in refractory services including lining design, installation work and inspections. This acquisition enables Calderys to strengthen its position in the petrochemical and pulp and paper industries, as well as in the power business in Finland, Russia, the Baltic countries and in southeast Asia.
Research and Development is one of the major focus areas for Calderys. As a result of which Calderys is able to provide its customers a wide range of products, i.e. more than 1500 formulas. It has publications in top journals and conferences in the refractory industry.
Calderys specializes in monolithic refractories, especially for the iron and steel, foundry, cement, non-ferrous, and petrochemical industries. Calderys produces and installs these refractories, and also provides project management services for them.
- ASTM Volume 15.01 Refractories; Activated Carbon, Advanced Ceramics. ASTM International. 2010. ISBN 9780803188617.
- "ICICI Venture sells Ace Refractories to Imerys". The Times Of India.
- "French firm buys ACE Refractories".
- "Köp säkrar råvarutillgången för 25 år framåt" (in Swedish).
- ""News from the glass and refractory ceramics worlds", The American Ceramic Society (Mar. 2013)".
- ""Calderys announces Indonesian joint venture", International Cement Review (Aug. 2013)".
- ""Calderys expands in Asia", WorldCement.com (Aug. 2013)".
- ""Refractory solutions company Calderys acquires Termorak", Global Cement (Feb. 2014)".
- "Mechanical properties up to 1100 °C of Al2O3–MgO-extruded graphite pellets castables reinforced with steel fibres". Ceramics International. 35: 359–362. doi:10.1016/j.ceramint.2007.11.005.
- "New Contract for Calderys (July 2012)".