Calhoun County High School
This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Calhoun County High School|
150 Saints Avenue
|School district||Calhoun County Schools|
|Teaching staff||51.5 (FTE) (as of 2006-07)|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.5 (as of 2006-07)|
|Color(s)||Red, black and white|
|Athletics||SCHSL Class AA, Region V|
Calhoun County High School is a public secondary school in St. Matthews, South Carolina, United States.
The campus has a pasture on the right with the new K-8 school in front of it on Saints Avenue.
The school's sports teams, known as the Saints, compete in the South Carolina High School League Class AA, Region V. They field teams in baseball, basketball, football, softball, track, and volleyball.
State championship titles held by the school's teams include:
- Boys' basketball: 1996 (AA), 2000 (AA), 2001 (AA), 2004 (AA), 2006 (A), 2007 (A), 2008 (A), 2009 (A)
The boys' basketball team holds the state record for consecutive wins, at 78.
- Mike Colter - actor
- Alshon Jeffery - Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver
- Phillip Merling - former American football defensive end
- "School Detail for Calhoun County High". National Center for Education Statistics.
- "Calhoun County High". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved March 7, 2019.
- "Palmetto's Finest - Boys' Basketball" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-23. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- Linder, Brian (2009-02-05). "GAMECOCK BOUND: Calhoun County star Alshon Jeffery signs with South Carolina". The Times and Democrat. Orangeburg, SC.
|This South Carolina school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|