Call Me Ted
Call Me Ted is an autobiography written by American businessman Ted Turner, released on November 10, 2008. The book was written over the course of three years with the help of Bill Burke, a former executive for TBS.
After dropping out of college, Turner began working for his father's billboard company, slowly turning it into an international media empire, including the creation of the first 24-hour news channel CNN. Also discussed are some of Turner's more controversial business moves, such as the disastrous merger of his corporation Time Warner with AOL.
Call Me Ted received fairly positive reviews. Some critics noted that his desire not to dwell in the past raises inherent difficulties when writing an autobiography. The details of his business transactions earned praise.
USA Today said that "Turner's personality infuses every page of Call Me Ted," and named it "One of the best business books of 2008." The Economist said that "Mr. Turner is surprisingly candid... There is a remarkable lack of regret in Mr. Turner's writing, or of defensiveness... Mr. Turner's mantra seems to be to keep moving on." The Daily Beast said, "The new memoir Call Me Ted makes the Mouth of the South seem like a pleasant-even modest!-creature."
- Kloer, Phil (10 November 2008). ""Call Me Ted" — what else do you call him?". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
- Arango, Tim (9 November 2008). "Turner Taps Former Executive to Put His Life Down on Paper". New York Times. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
- Brady, Joann; Lee Ferran. "Turner: Tough Father 'Made Me a Better Man'". ABC News. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
- Carlman, Susan Frick (11 November 2008). "Turner sets Naperville stop on book tour". Naperville Sun. Retrieved 12 November 2008.[dead link]
- Roth, Michael S. (11 November 2008). "Review: 'Call Me Ted,' by Ted Turner". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
|This article about a biographical or autobiographical book whose subject was born in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|