Calvin L. Fulton
Calvin L Fulton
|Died||January 3, 1907 (aged 67)|
Woodlawn, Baltimore County, Maryland, United States
|Occupation||surveyor, civil engineer,|
Calvin L Fulton (1840–1907) was an American surveyor and civil engineer. His career spanned the mid 19th century from canal surveys to railroads and then municipal planning. He worked with John A Haydon as assistant engineer on the Frederick and Pennsylvania Line Railroad in Frederick, Maryland. He was also surveyed for the extension of the Chesapeake and Ohio canal from Cumberland, Maryland to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania as part of the United States Corps of Engineers in 1873-1874. He produced numerous plans for municipalities in New Jersey and Pennsylvania, most notably his plan for Princeton, New Jersey in 1875.
Early Life and family
- Map of South Amboy Township, now South Amboy and Sayreville, Middlesex County. New Jersey. 1867.
- Plan for Princeton, New Jersey (1875)
- Map of East Brunswick Township (now including South River. Helmetta, Spotswood and part of Milltown Borough, Middlesex County, N.J.) Philadelphia. PA; Published by Everts and Stewart; 1876.
- Plan of Metuchen, Middlesex County, New Jersey. Everts and Stewart; 1876.
- Lancaster County, 2nd Geological Survey, 1878-1884 [maps collected by the Survey. Fulton produced the following maps:
- Map of Strasburg Township
- Map of East Lampeter Township, with Bird in Hand, Smoketown and Soudersburg map details.
- Map of Mount Joy Township. with Mt. Joy Borough and Springville map details.
- Map of West Donegal Township. with Elizabethtown and Newville map details.
- Map of Ephrata Township. Plan of Strasburg
- Map of Upper Leacock Township. Plan of Ephrata.
- United States. Army. Corps of Engineers., . (18761906). Annual report of the Chief of Engineers to the Secretary of War for the year 1866-1879, Washington: G.P.O..
- United States. War Dept., (1874). Extension of the Chesapeake and Ohio Canal to the Ohio River: Letter from the Secretary of War [Wm. W. Belknap] in answer to a resolution of the House of March 20, 1874. Washington, D.C.: Government Printing Office.
- Margaret Georgiana Fulton in the U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current Accessed on June 3, 2018.
- Year: 1870; Census Place: Frederick Ward 6, Frederick, Maryland; Roll: M593_586; Page: 129A; Family History Library Film: 552085 Accessed on June 3, 2018.
- Carlucci, April. Guide to New Jersey maps in special collections and archives, Rutgers University Libraries. Rutgers University Libraries, Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, 1986.
- MG 11-Map Collection The Pennsylvania State Archives, Maps 101-200 Accessed on June 3, 2018
- Calvin L Fulton, in the U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s-Current Accessed on June 3, 2018.