Canon PowerShot S120
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2015)|
|Maximum resolution||4000 × 3000 (12.1 megapixels)|
|Lens||5.2–26.0 mm f/1.8–f/5.7
(35 mm equivalent:
24–120 mm f/8.3–f/26.3)
|Flash||50 cm – 7 m (wide), 50 cm – 2.3 m (tele)|
|Shutter||Mechanical and electronic shutter|
|Shutter speed range||1/2500 – 1 sec. (Auto mode), 1/2500 to 250 sec.|
|ASA/ISO range||Auto, ISO 80–12800 (in 1/3-step increments)|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot|
|Focus modes||Single, Continuous, Servo AF/AEl, Manual Focus, Touch Focus|
|Continuous shooting||Approx. 12.1 frame/s, 9.4 frame/s from 6th shot onwards|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.0-inch TFT color LCD with capacitive touchscreen, 640×480 pixels, 267 dpi (approx. 922,000 dots)|
|Storage||Secure Digital card|
|Battery||Canon NB-6LH Li-Ion|
|Optional battery packs||AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC40|
|Dimensions||100.2 mm × 59.0 mm × 29.0 mm (W × H × D)|
|Weight||217 g (7.7 oz) including battery|
Designed as the successor to the Canon PowerShot S110 in the S series of cameras, the Canon PowerShot S120 is a high-end 12.1-megapixel compact digital camera with 0.3 f/-stops wider aperture, 0.7 bits more color depth, improved continuous shooting speeds, resolved Wi-Fi sharing functionality, 60fps HD video recording, lower noise at higher ISO, better sensor, and same DIGIC6 as current G series model for greater image quality. It was announced by Canon on August 22, 2013.
- 12.1 megapixels
- JPEG (Exif 2.3) support
- Raw image file format; one of few "point and shoot" cameras to have raw formatting. (Note: Raw format is not available in Auto, Low Light, and SCN modes. Raw is available in Program, Tv (shutter priority), Av (aperture priority), Manual, and Custom modes)
- ISO sensitivity 80–12800 (in ⅓-step increments) and auto (up to ISO 1600).
- Full manual control
- Customizable Control Ring to control ISO, shutter speed, aperture, focus, or exposure compensation
- Five photo aspect ratios: 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, 4:5
- Video features
- Recording Standard, Color Accent, Color Swap: 1920 × 1080 (60 / 30 frame/s), 1280 × 720 (30 frame/s), 640 × 480 (30)
- Recording Miniature Effect: 1280 × 720 (6 / 3 / 1.5 frame/s), 640 × 480 (6 / 3 / 1.5 frame/s)
- Recording Super Slow Motion: 640 × 480 (120 frame/s), 320 × 240 (240 frame/s)
- Recording Full HD Star Time Lapse Movie: 1920 × 1080 (15 frame/s)
- Continuous shooting in P mode: ~12.1 shot/s, 9.4 shot/s from 6th shot. ~5.5 shot/s with AF and LV.
- Multi-touch capacitive touchscreen
- Wi-Fi for internet connectivity or image archival
- DIGIC 6 processor
- increased battery capacity (30 shots)
- nearly double the screen resolution to 640×480 pixels (267 dpi, VGA resolution) - the first for a PowerShot S-series ultra-compact.
- ECO mode turns off the LCD display much sooner to help conserve battery power.
- S110 is 9% smaller
- S110 is 10% thinner
- S110 is 19 grams lighter
- "Canon PowerShot S120: Digital Photography Review". Dpreview.com. 2013-08-22. Retrieved 2015-03-07.
|Canon consumer digital camera||Succeeded by