|Stable release||8.3 / June 2, 2015|
|Operating system||Windows, Mac OS X|
Capture One (also known as Capture One Pro or C1Pro by users) is a professional raw converter and image editing software developed by Phase One. It is designed for professional photographers who need to process large volumes of high quality images in a fast and efficient workflow. Capture One makes it possible to perform adjustments on many native camera RAW file formats as well as TIFF and JPEG image files, and supports tethered shooting. Users include amateur and professional photographers.
The newest version is Capture One 8, which is available on both the Mac OS X and Windows as Capture One 8 Pro. For owners of Digital camera backs from Phase One, Mamiya and Leaf the software is free and called Capture One 8 DB. Capture One 8 is localized for Chinese (simplified), Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and Swedish. Features include: Film grain, Repair layers, Local adjustments, Keystone correction, Black and White conversion, Ability to print directly from Capture One, Profoto Studio plug-in, Profoto capture and lighting integration, and extension to iPad and iPod with Capture Pilot. Among other key features are noise reduction, color correction, spot removal, HDR tools, lens tools and sharpening tools.
- Capture One v8.1 Released Dec. 18, 2014 - Editing in Photoshop, improved Auto Adjust, Quick Cursor Tools, improved Naming, multiple guides, 16 adjustment layers and more, several bugfixes, improved capture and lens support 
- Capture One v8.0.2 Released Nov 2014 - Support for Mac OS X 10.10, several bug fixes, added support for several cameras and lenses 
- Capture One v8.0.1 Released Oct. 6, 2014 - Support for uncompressed file formats from Nikon D810 and D4s, several bug fixes. 
- Capture One v8 Released Sep. 16, 2014 - Improved image quality, repair layers, film grain, local white balance, improved user interface and much more. 
- Capture One v7.2.2 Released Apr. 30, 2014 - Fixed an EIP issue typically occurring when using EIP in conjunction with LCC and local adjustments.
- Capture One v7.2.1 Released Mar. 31, 2014 - Fixed an OpenCL related issue on the new Mac Pro with D300 and D500 graphics cards.
- Capture One v7.1.2 Released Jun. 17, 2013 - Includes new features such as the ability to link Profoto studio light to the aperture or ISO settings of the Phase One 645DF+ or DSLR camera. 
- Capture One v7.1 Released Feb. 25, 2013 - Another large bug fix update that took care of a bug when tethering Canon's on a Mac that would force you restart the application if the camera became disconnected or fell asleep. A new feature of combining a Session with a Catalog was added, various small bug fixes as well. 
- Capture One v7.0.2 Released Jan. 14th, 2013 - This update returned Canon tethering that had plagued Capture One 7 and Capture One 6.4.3 and 6.4.4 on OS X 10.7.5 and 10.8. General stability was improved overall as well. 
- Capture One v7.0.1 Released Nov. 28th, 2012 - A service update that addressed performance, Live View, and memory handling on Macs. 
- Capture One v7 Released Nov -12, implements features such as catalogs, advanced OpenCL
- Capture One v6 (partly discontinued Nov -12, (Capture One 6 was announced in December 2010)
- Capture One v5 (Discontinued), Capture One 5 PRO, Capture One 5 DB, Capture One 5. Unveiled in October 2009, this version had only about one year support
- Capture One v4 (Discontinued), Capture One 4 PRO, Capture One 4 DB, Capture One 4. Released first in December 2007 and in October 2008 for the PRO version, the v4 had less than 2 years lifespan.
- Capture One v3 (Discontinued)
- Capture One PRO, Capture One DB, Capture One LE
- Lightphase Capture v2 (Discontinued, changed name to "Capture One" from version 2.7)
- Portrait One (Discontinued), Portrait One Executive, Portrait One Lite, Portrait One Sales.