From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up carbuncle in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A carbuncle is an abscess larger than a boil, usually with one or more openings draining pus onto the skin.
Carbuncle may also refer to:
- Carbuncle (gemstone), a deep-red cabochon cut gemstone usually garnet, specifically almandine
- Carbuncle (heraldry), a charge or bearing, consisting of eight radii, or spokes; four of which make a common cross, and the other four a saltire
- Carbuncle (mythology), a mythical beast mentioned in Borges' Book of Imaginary Beings
- The Carbuncle, a small island off Port Sorell, Tasmania, Australia
- Carbuncle Hill Archaeological District, RI-1072-1079, a historic district in Coventry, Rhode Island
- Carbuncle, a character in the Puyo Puyo series
- Carbuncle, a summoned creature in Final Fantasy
- "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle", a Sherlock Holmes short story by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- The Carbuncle Awards, presented to buildings and areas in Scotland intermittently since 2000
- Carbuncle Cup, an annual architectural award for the ugliest new building in the United Kingdom
- "The Great Carbuncle", a short story by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Monstrous carbuncle, a pejorative term coined by Charles, Prince of Wales for ugly architecture
- Ruby Carbuncle, a Yu-gi-oh! duel monster played by Jesse Andersen
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Carbuncle.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.