This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela
|Occupation||news anchor for NY1 Noticias|
Keys was born and raised in Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela. She attended the Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, where she studied mass communications. In 2000, she immigrated to the United States, residing in Tampa, Florida. In 2007, she moved to New York City.
Keys started her journalism career reporting for El Nacional newspaper in Caracas, Venezuela. In 2000, after immigrating to the US, she wrote for a trilingual newspaper in Ybor City, Florida, called La Gaceta.
She moved to New York in 2007, where she was a prime time news anchor for NY1 Noticias, a 24-hour local cable news channel that broadcasts in New York City. She was also the host for the fashion and celebrity show De Moda, a Spanish language Webcast that is broadcast in Yahoo! en Español.
Honors and awards
- 2003: Hispanic Media Woman of the Year as named by the Tampa Hispanic Heritage Committee
- 2004: Suncoast Chapter Emmy nomination for best series
- 2004: Finalist for the Tampa Bay Business Journal's Business Woman of the Year Award in Media
- 2006: AP Florida Awards winner of the best short hard feature
- 2008: One of the most outstanding Venezuelans abroad by El Universal newspaper, in its 99th anniversary edition
- https://web.archive.org/web/20061231195413/http://www.baynews9.com/content/13/2002/7/10/53.html. Archived from the original on 2006-12-31. Retrieved 2006-12-06. Missing or empty
- . "Carleth Keys". NY1Noticias.com. Archived from the original on 2012-09-21. Retrieved 2013-07-20.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-07-26. Retrieved 2010-07-22.