|This biographical article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Born||1940 (age 76–77)
|Website||www.carlocarfagna.it[permanent dead link]|
Carlo Carfagna (born in Guarcino, Italy, 1940) is an Italian classical guitarist, author of many musical publications.His musical education takes place at the Conservatory of Rome and Naples, under the guidance of Mario Gangi, which subsequently will be teaching colleague for many years at Santa Cecilia.
Transcriptions and revisions
Here are listed only the main works by Carlo Carfagna.
- Integral edition in three volumes of Fernando Sor's Studies for guitar.
- Integral edition in three volumes of Francisco Tárrega's works.
- Revision of the four lute suites by Johann Sebastian Bach.
- Revision of the four sonatas by Sor
- Profilo storico della chitarra, (with Alberto Caprani), Bèrben, Ancona, 1966
- Dizionario Chitarristico Italiano (with Mario Gangi), Bèrben, Ancona, 1968
- Liuteria Classica Italiana, chitarre del XIX e XX secolo (with Giovanni Antonioni), Camerata Musicale Barese, 1985
- Chitarra - Storia e Immagini (with Michele Greci), Fratelli Palombi Editori, Roma, 2000
- Il libretto per musica e Metastasio, Erom, Rome, 2005
- Aspetti della Chitarra nell'Ottocento, Erom, Rome, 2006
- He has written together with Mario Gangi the article Guitar in the Musical Encyclopedia edited by Fratelli Fabbri Editori
- He has written many essays on guitar-specific newspapers (even small treatises on History of art)
- He has cowritten with Gian Paolo Chiti a little multimedia opera, Matrona quaedam.