|Minister for Territorial Cohesion|
28 April 2013 – 24 February 2014
|Prime Minister||Enrico Letta|
|Preceded by||Fabrizio Barca|
18 June 1951 |
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Alma mater||University of Florence|
Carlo Trigilia (born 18 June 1951) is an Italian academic and politician, who served as the minister of territorial cohesion from 28 April 2013 to February 2014.
Early life and education
Trigilia taught at universities of Palermo, Trento and Harvard. He is professor of economic sociology at the University of Florence. He is a member of the Partitio Democratico or Democratic Party. He was appointed minister of territorial cohesion to the cabinet led by prime minister Enrico Letta on 28 April 2013, replacing Fabrizio Barca in the post. He is chair of the Research Foundation and editor of the Journal Stato e Mercato, and he is currently a member of its editorial board. He is also a member of the editorial board of the Journal Il Mulino, of the Italian council for the social sciences. He is also a commentator for several newspapers such as Il Sole 24 Ore  and Il Mattino. Trigilia's term ended in February 2014 when the Renzi cabinet was formed.
Views and works
Trigilia developed a landmark European synthesis and definition of economic sociology. For him, economic sociology is "a body of study and research aimed at establishing the links between economic and social phenomena". Therefore, he adopts a comprehensive approach to economics.
Trigilia has published many scientific articles and books foucsing on economic sociology. His books include Economic Sociology: State, Market, and Society in Modern Capitalism (1998; English version 2002).
- "TRIGILIA Carlo". Who's who. Retrieved 20 June 2013.
- "The new Italian government of Prime Minister Enrico Letta". Cosmopolis. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Scheda di attività". Senato. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Carlo Trigilia" (PDF). CSO. Retrieved 7 September 2013.
- Changing Governance of Local Economies (PDF). Oxford University Press. 2004. p. xiv. ISBN 0-19-925940-2.
- Dionisi, Brenda (9 May 2013). "It's a governissimo!". The Florentine 183. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Roe, Alex (29 April 2013). "Who Are Italy’s New Ministers? Mini-profiles". Italy Chronicles. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- "Letta hails strong cabinet with 'record' women presence". ANSA. 27 April 2013. Retrieved 6 June 2013.
- Ultime notizie su Carlo TrigiliaIl Sole 24
- "Italy's PM-designate Matteo Renzi names new cabinet". BBC News Europe. 21 February 2014. Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- Gilding, Michael (September 2005). "The New Economic Sociology and Its Relevance to Australia". Journal of Sociology 41 (3). Retrieved 1 September 2013. – via Questia (subscription required)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Carlo Trigilia.|